|Lakna Rokee Shrine|
Entrance to the Shrine
To reveal the Shrine, Link must place the Sheikah Heirloom, an Ancient Orb kept in Impa's House, into the Pedestal. However, before the Shrine Quest "The Stolen Heirloom", Impa will not let Link touch the Heirloom.
"The Stolen Heirloom" can be initiated by completing all Side Quests in Kakariko Village. Once this has been done, Link can enter Impa's House to find Paya crying. She reveals to Link that the Sheikah Heirloom has been stolen.
Impa then shares a saying, revealing that Paya believes it referred to Link. Eventually, her research showed that the saying may have been a way to unearth an Ancient Shrine using the Sheikah Heirloom. Paya wonders whether it was someone in the village who stole the heirloom.
Due to Paya's fears, Link is asked to spend a day by her side. After doing so, Paya calms down, saying that Dorian and Cado saw no strangers around. She warns Link that whoever the thief is, they might still be nearby. If he sees anyone acting suspiciously at night, she tells him not to approach.
At night, Impa's guard Dorian can be seen abandoning his post at ten o'clock. Link can follow him out of the village and into the nearby woods, all the way to the Stone Sphere Socket. Dorian will shout at an unknown entity, causing a Yiga Blademaster to appear on the socket.
Dorian accuses the Yiga Clan of stealing the Heirloom. When Dorian inquires about the theft, the Blademaster tells him not to play dumb. He then reveals that Dorian was the one who told them about the Heirloom, but now he is useless to the Yiga and must be ended. At this point, the Blademaster notices Link watching, and proceeds to attack him.
Once the Yiga Blademaster has been defeated, Dorian sullenly admits that everything was his fault. He then admits to Link that he was previously a member of the Yiga Clan. He left when he met an incredible woman, the mother of his daughters. However, his wife was killed as punishment. Fearful for the lives of Koko and Cottla, Dorian continued to gather information for the Yiga. When Dorian again tried to separate from the Yiga, the lives of Impa and Paya were threatened.
Dorian says that the Sheikah tried to use the Sheikah Heirloom to unlock the shrine, but they couldn't make it work. He then asserts that he and the rest of the Sheikah are devoted to helping Link. He tells Link to place the Sheikah Heirloom in the pedestal.
After placing the Orb into the pedestal, the pedestal will activate and Lakna Rokee Shrine will rise from beneath the ground. Dorian will apologize to Link for everything, asking for what really happened to be kept a secret. Though he doesn't believe he deserves mercy, he doesn't wish for Koko and Cottla to suffer more. He pledges to protect the village and his family from now on.
Lakna Rokee Shrine features no puzzles, simply a direct path to Lakna Rokee. Along this path is a Treasure Chest containing an Edge of Duality. As Link approaches Lakna Rokee, the Monk will give Link a Spirit Orb for reaching the Shrine, and will wish Link well before fading away.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ラーナ・ロキの祠 (Rāna Roki no Hokora)|
ラーナ・ロキの祝福 (Rāna Roki no Shukufuku)
|SpanishLA||Santuario de Rahnnak||Rahnnak Shrine|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- BotW Lakna Rokee Shrine Exterior.png
The exterior of Lakna Rokee Shrine
- "Lakna Rokee Shrine
Lakna Rokee's Blessing" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "That Sheikah heirloom has been guarded by our tribe for generations. I must request that you not touch it... Even for an esteemed guest such as yourself, there are certain rules that must be respected." — Impa (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Sheikah heirloom... The heirloom has been stolen!" — Paya (Breath of the Wild)
- ""The hero, as chosen by the Sheikah heirloom, will be gifted the blessing of antiquity." Paya thinks "The hero, as chosen by the Sheikah heirloom is you, so she stayed up all night researching the heirloom" — Impa (Breath of the Wild)
- "She can to the conclusion that "the blessing of antiquity" refers to one of those ancient shrines. And that the heirloom is the key that opens the shrine." — Impa (Breath of the Wild)
- "And no one from the village would do such a thing! Would they?" — Paya (Breath of the Wild)
- "Link... Paya is afraid that the thief may still be nearby. Would you please stay by her side today?" — Impa (Breath of the Wild)
- "I see now that crying a feeling scared won't help us get the heirloom back. I checked with Dorian and Cado, but they said they didn't see anyone other than villagers around." — Paya (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'll try again to remember all I can about the night the heirloom was stolen, but the thief may still be hiding nearby." — Paya (Breath of the Wild)
- "I have a bad feeling. If you spot any suspicious movements at night, don't approach..." — Paya (Breath of the Wild)
- "I know you're there! Show yourself!" — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "So you're the ones who stole the heirloom!" — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "Why would you steal it?" — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "Don't play dumb, Dorian. You knew what you were getting yourself into when you decided to leave the organization. You forfeited your life the moment you left." — Yiga Blademaster (Breath of the Wild)
- "You did well to tell us about the heirloom. Unfortunately, your usefulness has come to an end, as must you. But first..." — Yiga Blademaster (Breath of the Wild)
- "It appears we have an audience!" — Yiga Blademaster (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm sure you've figured it out, but all of this is my fault..." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "I am...a member of the Yiga Clan. Or I used to be, anyway." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "But then I met the most incredible woman who blessed me with two amazing children. And so I tried to change my ways. Tried to leave the clan." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "But the Yiga... They took my wife's life as punishment." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "I couldn't let them hurt my children, so I used my position as a gatekeeper to gather information for the Yiga. I told them about you and about the village in exchange for safety." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "But my grief over losing my wife consumed me, and I finally decided to cut ties with the Yiga completely! I decided I could protect my children from the Yiga. I wasn't afraid of them. But the Yiga are pure evil. They told me they would kill both Impa and Paya if I didn't play along!" — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "Paya figured out that this heirloom is the key to opening an ancient shrine. We weren't able to make it work, but Paya thinks that maybe you can." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "Paya...and all of us are devoted to helping you in your quest." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "Now, please restore this heirloom to its pedestal." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "Master Link, I... I'm very sorry for all of this. I know it's a selfish request, but do you think you could keep what really happened a secret?" — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "I truly don't deserve mercy, but I don't want my children, Koko and Cottla, to suffer anymore." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "I know it doesn't make up for what I've done, but I pledge to protect the village and my family from now on. No matter the cost." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "To you who sets foot in this shrine... I am Lakna Rokee. By entering this place, you've already proven your worth." — Lakna Rokee (Breath of the Wild)
- "You have done well to arrive at this shrine. A hero rises to right the wrongs of Hyrule. In the name of Goddess Hylia, I bestow upon you this Spirit Orb." — Lakna Rokee (Breath of the Wild)
- "May the Goddess smile upon you." — Lakna Rokee (Breath of the Wild)
- "Santuario de Rahnnak" — Map (Breath of the Wild)