Features and Overview
Inside the laboratory, Link can find the Lake Scientist's experiments as well as a pool. Link can dive in the pool so the scientist tells him how many meters he dove. If Link possesses the Golden Scale, he can dive to the bottom of the pool and touch the floor to receive a Piece of Heart from the scientist as a reward for his excellent diving skills. Link can also find a Golden Skulltula hidden inside the crate at the bottom of the pool. Moreover, there is a cage where a motionless shark is imprisoned. There are also two glass aquariums on the desk behind the scientist, one of which holds two shrimp-like creatures, and another that holds a small octopus-like creature. In Ocarina of Time 3D, there is a frozen Octorok instead.
There is a patch of soft soil outside the laboratory where Link can plant a Magic Bean, enabling access to the roof. The roof can also be accessed by using the "Scarecrow's Song." Atop the roof is a ladder that leads to a small platform that oversees Lake Hylia, where another Piece of Heart can be found.
The Shark at the bottom of the Lakeside Laboratory in Ocarina of Time
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 240
- "Lakeside Laboratory - Daily trying to get to the bottom of the mysteries of Lake Hylia! --Lake Scientist" — Sign (Ocarina of Time)
- "You may not have noticed, but I've been watching you. You dove 7 meters just now. You should be able to dive deeper!" — Lake Scientist (Ocarina of Time)
- "You may not have noticed, but I've been watching you. You touched the bottom just now. Fantastic! I'll give this to you!" — Lake Scientist (Ocarina of Time)
- "They say that the Cucco Lady goes to the Lakeside Laboratory to study how to breed pocket-sized Cuccos." — Gossip Stone (Ocarina of Time)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||みずうみ研究所 (Mizuumi Kenkyūjo)||Lake Laboratory|
|French||Laboratoire du Lac|
|German||Labor am See|
|Spanish||Laboratorio del Lago||Lake's Laboratory|
|Regions in Ocarina of Time|
Click on a location