Features and Overview
Lake Floria is the largest known body of water that exists in the present day on the Surface. It is inhabited by a large range of flora and aquatic creatures. Most of the Lake is composed of large submerged underground caverns which can be explored through the use of the Water Dragon's Scale and the bomb-like Froaks.
Link first discovers the entrance to Lake Floria after completing Farore's Silent Realm. He obtains the Water Dragon's Scale, allowing him to swim underwater, and makes his way up to the top of the canopy of the Great Tree, where he meets the Kikwi Hermit known as Yerbal. He reveals the location of the entrance to Lake Floria.
The Lake is inhabited by the squid-like Parella tribe, who are protected by the Water Dragon Faron. She was entrusted with a part of the Song of the Hero and protects Farore's Flame. However, shortly before Link arrived, Lake Floria was invaded by Ghirahim and his force of aggressive beasts known as Cranioc, and Faron was injured as a result.
Minor Enemies and Traps
Breath of the Wild
Lake Floria is located in West Necluda. Lake Floria is fed by 10 waterfalls of varying sizes to the north, and one from the south. The Lake itself feeds into the Floria River, which runs westward. Lake Floria is bisected by the Floria Bridge, which connects the eastern Ebara Forest with the Sarjon Woods in the west. The Dragon Farosh is frequently seen flying over the Lake.
Lake Floria derives its name from Farore.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||フロリア湖 (Furoria Ko) (BotW)||Lake Furoria|
|German||Floria-See (SS)||Same as English.|
|SpanishLA||Lago Faroria (BotW)||Lake Faroria|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 42 (SS)
- "Lake Floria" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "Her lair is deep in a lake in the south of these woods, kwwwwwwrk. She watches over the flame there. There's a problem, though. The gate that leads to that lake is sealed shut to all those judged unworthy... But don't worry, kwwwwrk. I'll let you in on the trick to opening the gate." — Yerbal (Skyward Sword)
- "The goddess gave the flame to the Water Dragon, a great spirit that presides over Faron Woods. The way I hear it is she left the flame in the care of the Water Dragon so that one day the mighty dragon could pass it on to the "one from the sky"..." — Yerbal (Skyward Sword)
- "Yikes! Oh, they're back! That's one of the fish that weirdo brought in here and used to attack Her Excellence. Watch out--they're mean as they come!" — Parella (Skyward Sword)
- "Yeah, about that... It happened really recently. This weirdo came in here with a gang of monsters and went right after Her Excellence. My lady the Water Dragon is a fierce fighter, and, boy, did she gobble up most of those monsters in the first few seconds. Thing is, there were just so many of them! While she was distracted, the weirdo leading all those creatures managed to wound her. She's healing up now, but she says we don't have enough special water for her to make a full recovery." — Parella (Skyward Sword)
- "Did you check out the falls at Lake Floria? There are 10 different falls there, big and small! Each one is unique and absolutely worth a look." — Cima (Breath of the Wild)
- " Don’t you think the waterfall flowing down from Lake Floria is the very picture of perfection? There’s something strange at the top of that waterfall, though... Climb the ladder on the watchtower and take a peek. You’ll probably need a telescope or something for a good look." — Kampo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Recently, some are even saying they’ve seen the shadow of a large creature on the surface of Lake Floria! I wonder if any of that is true..." — Shay (Breath of the Wild)
- "What? Me? My name is Totsuna. I’m a huge fan of pretty much anything and everything related to dragons! I had a strange feeling when I was near Lake Floria... It felt exactly like how I’d imagine being near a dragon would feel!" — Totsuna (Breath of the Wild)
- "Lago Faroria" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
|Hyrule in Skyward Sword|
|Click on a location|