When Link arrives in the Korok Forest, he will learn from the elder Chio that the Koroks have prepared a series of Trials for him. They have become a tradition amongst the Koroks, their purpose being that anyone who can visit all three Ancient Shrines in the Great Hyrule Forest can be considered a true adult. These Trials have been completed by many Koroks, including Chio himself, Hestu, and The Great Deku Tree. However, Chio retracts his last claim. If Link proves himself in the Korok Trials, the Koroks have arranged prizes to give to him.
Completing all of the Korok Trials is necessary for "The Korok Trials" Side Quest. Once they have all been finished, Link can return to Chio to inform him. He recognizes that Link wants a reward for visiting all of the Ancient Shrines, so he gives him his three treasured Big Hearty Truffles.
"Trial of Second Sight"
- Main article: Trial of Second Sight
The "Trial of Second Sight" is the first Korok Trial shared by Chio, located in the southwest of Korok Forest. Though Zooki is at first uncertain if a Hylian is allowed to attempt the Korok Trials, they decide to ignore it. They explain that the only objective for their Trial is to not get lost in the mist of the Lost Woods. To help Link find his way, Zooki offers a hint, which instructs Link to seek out the iron of the hungry Trees.
The path to the Ancient Shrine is lined by Trees that have iron boulders in their mouths. Link can easily find them by using the Magnesis Rune. Along the path, Link will find a Rusty Shield surrounded by Stalkoblins. Nearby, a Tree with a Stone Tablet in front of it will ask for the Rusty Shield to be placed in its mouth, promising a reward from its brother. Doing so will cause a Treasure Chest containing an Amber to pop out of the mouth of another tree. Across Lake Saria, another Stone Tablet in front of a Tree will ask for the Treasure Chest, as it was stolen by the brother. Once this is done, Kuhn Sidajj Shrine will rise from the ground, and Link will have completed the Korok Trial.
"The Lost Pilgrimage"
- Main article: The Lost Pilgrimage
"The Lost Pilgrimage" is the second Korok Trial shared by Chio, located in the northwest of Korok Forest. There, Link will meet Tasho, who will ask that he follow Oaki on their Trial. By successfully following Oaki without being noticed, Link will be lead to Daag Chokah Shrine. Finding it will complete both the Shrine Quest and the Korok Trial.
"The Test of Wood"
- Main article: The Test of Wood
"The Test of Wood" is the third Korok Trial shared by Chio, located in the eastern part of Korok Forest. This Korok Trial is given by Damia, who shares that it is believed to be the hardest of the three. Link's goal will be to reach the Ancient Shrine using only Items from the Korok Gear set. However, if he unequips or breaks these Weapons, he will fail the Trial.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "So will you test your mettle in the Korok Trials?" — Chio (Breath of the Wild)
- "Us Koroks all got together and prepared some trials just for you, Mr. Hero!" — Chio (Breath of the Wild)
- "Anyway, where was I? Oh, yeah! The Korok Trials! Long story short—you need to visit all the shrines in the Korok Forest so that you can be considered a real grown-up!" — Chio (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Korok Trials are challenges Koroks must complete in order to become esteemed members of Korok society! Or something like that... *cough*" — Zooki (Breath of the Wild)
- "I've done it...and so has Hestu...and him over there, and her too, and even the Great Deku Tree himself has done it!" — Chio (Breath of the Wild)
- "OK...that last part was a lie. He's pretty rooted." — Chio (Breath of the Wild)
- "We've also prepared some wonderful prizes for you!" — Chio (Breath of the Wild)
- "What?! You've finished all of the trials?" — Chio (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ah! I know that look. You want me to give you something since you visited all the places, don't you?" — Chio (Breath of the Wild)
- "...I guess I have no choice. I'll give you my treasured item." — Chio (Breath of the Wild)
- "Trial one! In the southwest forest: Trial of Second Sight!" — Chio (Breath of the Wild)
- "A Hylain seeks to attempt the Korok Trial! Is that even allowed?
Who cares!" — Zooki (Breath of the Wild)
- "Let me tell you about the trial. All you need to do is keep going and not get lost in the mist! Easy, right?" — Zooki (Breath of the Wild)
- "But don't worry—I've got a cryptic little hint for you!" — Zooki (Breath of the Wild)
- ""The hungry trees will show you the way. Spy their iron to win the day."" — Zooki (Breath of the Wild)
- "Feed me the aged shield guarded by monsters eternal. My brother will repay you in kind." — Stone Tablet (Breath of the Wild)
- "Please place my chest in my mouth.
The shield eater's brother stole it from me." — Stone Tablet (Breath of the Wild)
- "Trial two! In the northwest forest: The Lost Pilgrimage!" — Chio (Breath of the Wild)
- "Could you please follow Oaki without being seen? I want to be sure nothing bad happens..." — Tasho (Breath of the Wild)
- "Trial three! In the eastern forest: The Lost Pilgrimage!" — Chio (Breath of the Wild)
- "But do you really think you're ready for the Test of Wood?! Some say it's the hardest of the Korok Trials." — Damia (Breath of the Wild)
- "But it's not complicated—all you need to do is equip this Korok weapon set and reach the shrine at the back of the area." — Damia (Breath of the Wild)
- "You have to keep the sword, bow, and shield equipped the whole time. If they break or you unequip them, you're out!" — Damia (Breath of the Wild)
You've passed the Test of Wood!" — Damia (Breath of the Wild)
- "If you ever want to do the trial again, just let me know.
See ya!" — Damia (Breath of the Wild)