Location and Uses
Breath of the Wild
Korok Seeds are given by Koroks when they are found throughout Hyrule. They possess a distinct smell. When Link receives his first Seed, he is asked to return it to the Korok Hestu. Korok Seeds are actually the beads used in Hestu's Maracas. When first found, Hestu asks Link to retrieve his Maracas from a group of Bokoblins nearby. After Link returns them, Hestu realizes the Seeds were taken by the other Koroks as part of a prank.
In exchange for Korok Seeds, Hestu will add one slot to Link's Weapon, Bow, or Shield stashes. Link can fully upgrade his inventory with only 441 Korok Seeds. If all 900 Seeds are returned to Hestu, he will reward Link with a "gift of friendship."
Inventory Slot Costs
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
Korok Seeds can be obtained in Chapter Quests and certain Challenge Quests by uncovering hidden Koroks, and can additionally be received as rewards for completing Challenge Quests centered around Hestu's involvement. Once a Warrior locates a Korok, it will give them a Korok Seed. Koroks who Warriors find will remain out in the open as a way to help players keep track which Koroks they have found.
There is a total of 175 Korok Seeds found in the game, and are divided as such:
- 122 Korok Seeds are hidden within the 20 Story missions.
- 12 Korok Seeds are hidden with 11 specific Challenge missions.
- And 41 Korok Seeds are obtained as rewards, which are further divided:
- 26 of these Korok Seeds are obtained as part of the First Clear Rewards for completing specific battles.
- The outlier 15 Korok Seeds are obtained by completing the Hestu-specific Side Quest "Helping with Heights".
Once Hestu is unlocked as a character after completing the Scenario, "Freeing Korok Forest", Link will be able to complete side quests that will be able to give everyone extra inventory, just like in Breath of the Wild. These side quests, found under the Battle Support tab in the Quest search bar, have Hestu's Maracas as their icons.
After completing the "A Most Peculiar Korok" Side Quest, Korok Seeds can be seen on the Battle Info screen of a Scenario that has them, with collected Korok Seeds being colored in white and uncollected Korok Seeds being left in a very dull dark gray.
- Hidemaro Fujibayashi, director of Breath of the Wild, confirmed that Korok Seeds are in fact Korok feces.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||コログのミ (Korogu no Mi)||Korogu Seed|
|FrenchEU||Noix korogu||Korogu nut|
|Italian||Seme Korogu||Korogu Seed|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Korok Seed
This small seed was given to you by a Korok. It has a distinct smell. If you gather a bunch of them, you never know what may happen..." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
- "Korok Seed
This small seed was given by a Korok. It has a distinct smell. Gather a bunch of them and surely something will happen..." — Spoils (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Oh, and my friends are hiding in lots of different places too! Don't be shy about poking your nose into suspicious places!" — Korok (Breath of the Wild)
- "Well, if you run into Hestu, please return this to him." — Korok (Breath of the Wild)
- "But wait! There's something wrong with my maracas! The Korok seeds inside are gone! How am I supposed to dance now? Shoko..." — Hestu (Breath of the Wild)
- "The children of the forest must have taken the Korok seeds from my beloved maracas. I never thought I would be the target of one of their pranks. Shoko..." — Hestu (Breath of the Wild)
- "If I had just one Korok seed, I could sing, dance and use my powers to help you. You see, I have the power of inventory expansion! So let me know if you find some Korok seeds!" — Hestu (Breath of the Wild)
- "All of the forest children returned to Korok Forest! [...] You've maxed all of your stashes! So let me give you this!" — Hestu (Breath of the Wild)
- "A gift of friendship given to you by Hestu. It smells pretty bad." — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's just the backstory, the kind of hidden kind of thing in the game the whole way is that the Korok seeds are actually Korok poop." —Hidemaro Fujibayashi (WHY COLLECTING 900 KOROK SEEDS IN ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD GETS YOU A GIANT POOP)