The Wind Waker
In The Wind Waker, Knuckle originally left Tingle Island because he got angry at Tingle for writing "For Tingle Only" on a Sign next to Tingle Tower, which Knuckle built when he was ten years old. He can only be found by using the Tingle Tuner; Link can find him by going to Outset Island and stepping into the boats on the beach. Knuckle will appear on the Game Boy Advance screen and get into an argument with Tingle, which ends with him commanding Link to visit various places on the Island. After Link completes this, Knuckle gets annoyed and gives Link the Hand-Me-Down Tingle Tuner before returning to Tingle Island. From then on, he stands guard rather than helping Ankle and David Jr. spin the top of the Tower. Unlike Tingle, he wears blue and the mole on his face is on the right side rather than the left. In addition, the rosy patches on his cheeks aren't filled in.
In The Wind Waker HD, he appears on Tingle Island when all five of the Tingle Statues have been collected. Ankle gives Link Rupees for finding the statues instead, (50 per statue plus another 500 for finding them all) since Knuckle isn't present until they have been collected. Additionally, his Figurine is required in order to complete the Nintendo Gallery, unlike in the original version of the game. A reference to this fact was added to the description of Knuckle's figurine.
|Knuckle (Figurine from The Wind Waker)|
Knuckle is another of Tingle's younger brothers-he happens to be Ankle's twin. He finished carving Tingle Tower when he was ten years old. The head is his studio.
(The Wind Waker only) Supposedly, he felt unsatisfied completing his collection without this figure. He loves his special vertically aligned Tingle Tuner.
(The Wind Waker HD only) Supposedly, it used to bother him that this collection was considered complete, even without his figurine.
Four Swords Adventures
The Minish Cap
Knuckle appears in Trilby Highlands in The Minish Cap, and is not accessible until Link obtains the Mole Mitts. Like the other Tingle Siblings?, he was given a Kinstone Piece by Tingle that he will Fuse with Link. When Link successfully Fuses Kinstone Pieces with him, the southwestern Tree in a group of four Trees in North Hyrule Field will open, leading to a room with a Switch connected to a Candlestick and a Chest containing a red Kinstone Piece. If Link Fuses Kinstone Pieces with all four of the Tingle Siblings?, the final Switch will cause a Ladder to descend, allowing Link to open a Chest containing the Magical Boomerang.
After Fusing Kinstone Pieces, he says that he does not understand why David Jr. dresses like him and his brothers. When spoken to afterwards, Knuckle will tell Link how many Kinstone Pieces he has left to Fuse. He, along with the rest of his brothers, believes that Fusing Kinstone Pieces will help him meet Fairies.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Birthplace: Unknown
Knuckle is another of Tingle's younger brothers-he happens to be Ankle's twin. He finished carving Tingle Tower when he was ten years old. The head is his studio. Supposedly, it used to bother him that this collection was considered complete, even without his figurine." — Figurine (The Wind Waker HD)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 259(TWW) & 270(TMC)
- "Don't play dumb! Why'd you doodle on Tingle Tower? I built that thing!" — Knuckle (The Wind Waker)
- "What, that "For Tingle Only" sign I wrote? Sorry! Please forgive me!" — Tingle (The Wind Waker)
- "Hmmph! Well, I might consider it if the fairy will do as I ask...[...]Just don't open any doors before you finish doing what I tell you! You'll fail if you do!" — Knuckle (The Wind Waker)
- "Uggghhh...! Enough! Enough! I've lost the contest on this island! What can I do? Oh! I'll give you the Hand-Me-Down Tuner! Ugh. I'm going back home." — Knuckle (The Wind Waker)
- "That guy's younger brother down below... That blue guy... He doesn't help out at all! He just hangs out down there, standing guard and making sure no one writes any graffiti on Tingle Tower! That's all! No manual labor whatsoever!" — David Jr. (The Wind Waker)
- "Hey, Mr. Fairy! I've been holding on to this, just like my brother Tingle asked! And I have Kinstone pieces! Want to try and fuse with me?" — Knuckle (The Minish Cap)
- "You want to fuse Kinstones? Yeah, let's see if they fit!" — Knuckle (The Minish Cap)
- "All of us brothers look alike, but the one in white isn't really our brother. What I can't figure out is why he tries to dress up like us, though..." — Knuckle (The Minish Cap)
- "How many have you not found yet? Let's see... XX left to go! You haven't seen anything yet! There are tons out there still!" — Knuckle (The Minish Cap)
- "They believe fusing Kinstones will help them meet fairies, so they are recording Kinstone data on their maps." — Figurine (The Minish Cap)
- Encyclopedia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 259
- Encyclopedia (TOKYOPOP) pg. 270
- Encyclopedia (Magazzini Salani) pg. 270
- Encyclopedia (Norma Editorial) pg. 270