|King Daltus (Figurine from The Minish Cap)|
|The king of Hyrule. Reported to have|
been a fine swordsman, he appeared in
the Picori Festival tournament as a
youth and fought to a draw with Smith.
He once battled Smith in the Sword-Fighting Tournament of the Picori Festival to the point where it was considered a draw. In the beginning of The Minish Cap, he appears at the award ceremony for the Sword-Fighting Tournament, where he is knocked away by Vaati when the sorcerer shatters the Picori Blade and opens the Bound Chest. After Princess Zelda is turned to stone by Vaati, he reveals the existence of the Minish to the Vassals, explaining that the soldiers would not be able to seek them out. Instead, he asks Link to find them and have them reforge the broken Picori Blade so that he can save Princess Zelda.
Later in the game, he is imprisoned and impersonated by a shape-shifting Vaati, who sends all of Hyrule's Vassals to find the Light Force. While King Daltus is imprisoned and being impersonated, the people of Hyrule Town notice the impostor's strange behavior.
After obtaining the Four Sword, Link encounters the true King Daltus in the dungeons of Dark Hyrule Castle, where he has been turned to stone. Link is able to restore him with the power of the Four Sword, and he gives Link a Small Key to help him progress further into the Castle and save Princess Zelda.
- King Daltus greatly resembles Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule, and shares voice clips with the King of Red Lions.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ハイラル王 ダルタス (Hairaru-ō Darutasu)||Hyrule King Daltus|
|FrenchEU||Dartas, Roi d'Hyrule||Dartas, King of Hyrule|
|German||König Dartus||King Dartus|
|Italian||Re di Hyrule Dartas
|King of Hyrule Dartas|
|SpanishEU||Rey Daphness||King Daphness|
- "The name's Mutoh. I'm head carpenter 'round these parts. The king of Hyrule himself has entrusted me with this project. See, that sorcerer's attack tore things up pretty bad around here. You know, kid, you shouldn't be playing anywhere near the construction zone." — Mutoh (The Minish Cap)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 270
- "The king of Hyrule. Reported to have been a fine swordsman, he appeared in the Picori Festival tournament as a youth and fought to a draw with Smith." — Figurine (The Minish Cap)
- "What do you know about the Picori? Yes, the ones from the fairy tales... But the Picori are no mere legend. They most certainly exist." — King Daltus (The Minish Cap)
- "No, soldiers will not do. The Picori do not show themselves to anyone but children. Our soldiers could search for days and still find no sign of them." — King Daltus (The Minish Cap)
- "If Link has recovered, then yes, I would like to ask this of him." — King Daltus (The Minish Cap)
- "What? Vaati! How did you get in here!?" — King Daltus (The Minish Cap)
- "The golden light force of limitless magical power... I want it!!! It is somewhere here in Hyrule! Go now, and bring me this power!" — Vaati (The Minish Cap)
- "I haven't seen Princess Zelda in ages, and the king's just plain loopy! What's going on around here?" — Keeley (The Minish Cap)
- "The king is just terrible lately! Things are going crazy around here!" — Satchel (The Minish Cap)
- "What's going on with the king lately? He seems like...he's not himself..." — Vassal (The Minish Cap)
- "Take this key. You can use it to get out of the castle from the basement." — King Daltus (The Minish Cap)
- "You want to fuse Kinstones in this dire time? ...Well, I can see no harm in it." — King Daltus (The Minish Cap)