The Killer Bees like to climb trees and hide behind buildings instead of going to school. Upon first meeting Link, they act arrogant and disrespectful towards him, following him around and taunting him with childish remarks. They are found wandering around the area in between the classroom and Salvatore's Squid-Hunt mini-game.
After agreeing to help their teacher, Mrs. Marie, in talking some sense into them, Link can speak to the group, resulting in a game of Hide and Seek. This is reminiscent of the way Link becomes a member of the Bombers Gang in Majora's Mask.
The hiding spots of each are as follows:
- Ivan – In the big tree above Maggie's Father. Roll into the tree and Ivan will fall out.
- Jin – Behind the Bomb Shop. Sidle past the narrow pathway and chase him out into the open.
- Jun-Roberto – Behind the stone where Tott is dancing. Chase him out into the open.
- Jan – Hiding near a bush on the ledge near the area where the Killer Bees are found.
After finding all members, Link will gain the respect of the group, and receives a Piece of Heart from them. In addition, they ask Link to go and apologize to their teacher for them, promising to change their attitudes and stop causing trouble. The Killer Bees will then tell Link to find Joy Pendants for Mrs. Marie, for her birthday is coming up soon. They ask this of Link since the Killer Bees do not consider themselves teacher's pets, and apologizing themselves would not fall in line with the gang's style.
|Windfall's Gang of Boys, the Killer Bees (Figurine from The Wind Waker)|
Windfall's Gang of Boys, the Killer Bees
|Birthplace: Windfall Island|
Main Objective: Raising trouble
This small group of four calls itself the Killer Bees. Starting from left, the members are:
The leader, Ivan:
A very talented and reliable leader. Leave all tree climbing to him.
Jin, the fox:
Ivan's quick-witted adviser. His wry insults can be hard to take.
Jan, the blue-hair:
Uses his innocent looks to avert trouble. He's the Killer Bee's Thug.
The pig-nosed, Jun-Roberto:
Secretly aims to be the next gang leader. He was raised in a bourgeois family and has developed into a terrible little tyrant.
When these four are together, they fear absolutely nothing!
- During the game of "Hide and Seek," Link can climb onto a ledge and use the Deku Leaf to fly to the top of the tree Ivan is hiding in. However, Ivan will ignore Link, even though he is standing in front of him.
|Names in Other Regions|
|French||Les Abeilles Tueuses||Ivan||Benoît||Jean||Raoul|
|German||Die Ganz Kleinen Strolche||Ivan||Jay||Jan||Johnny|
|Italian||I Fanatici Quattro||Ivan||Igor||Omar||Tito|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 258
- "Oh, and one more thing... We need you to apologize to Mrs. Marie for us. All right? We're countin' on you, bud!" — Ivan (The Wind Waker)
- "I guess maybe it's time we chilled out. From now on, we won't cause no more trouble for anyone..." — Ivan (The Wind Waker)
- "Don't be stupid! We're the Killer Bees! We ain't no teacher's pets!" — Ivan (The Wind Waker)