Jovani and Gengle turned to gold from Twilight Princess
Jovani is a man who sold his soul to the Imp Poes for untold riches; however, they also changed him into a golden statue with gems for eyes and his Cat, Gengle, fused to his head. He now values his humanity over his wealth and asks Link to retrieve his shattered soul. When Wolf Link visits him for the first time, he learns how to defeat the Imp Poes. Jovani then tells him that if he gets 20 Poe Souls or more, he will get a reward.
When Link gets 20 Poe Souls, Jovani gives him a Bottle filled with Great Fairy's Tears. Jovani and Gengle also recover their mobility, however, Jovani stays golden. In Twilight Princess HD, Jovani also gives Link the Ghost Lantern.
Afterwards, Jovani can be found in Telma's Bar crying because his girlfriend had found another man. His girlfriend is seemingly now involved with a castle Guard she was questioning earlier, and believes Jovani was inside the bar the whole time he was missing.
According to The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess — PRIMA Official Game Guide by Prima Games, Jovani is around 40 years old.
|Names in Other Regions|
- "Say, I wonder where my owner went... If you find him, will you tell me where he might be?" — Gengle (Twilight Princess)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 276
- "I'm Jovani. I...became consumed by greed long ago, and sold my soul to a dark creature that did this to me... I can't move... I can't go see my girlfriend... My pet cat Gengle is frozen on my head... I don't think I could be more miserable... I have to ask you a favor, doggie... Can you find and defeat the 20 ghosts that lurk in the dark for me? I think if you can free the pieces of my soul from the ghosts that hold them, I'll be free..." — Jovani (Twilight Princess)
- "Wahhh... Wah wahhh... I hadn't seen her in a while, and she'd started dating another man... Wahhh... Ahh wahhhh... Ohh..." — Jovani (Twilight Princess)
- "Once you've found and defeated the 20 ghosts that lurk in the darkness, come here by digging by the wall where the cats gather..." — Jovani (Twilight Princess)
- "You did it! I can move again! This is all thanks to you, right? Oh, I have to ask you... Will this do? Ah ha ha ha! I hear you can get this stuff in the cave on the eastern edge of the Gerudo Desert, too!" — Jovani (Twilight Princess)
- "But...my body is still golden... Does this mean my soul is still not whole? That's strange... Maybe we need the souls of 60 ghosts... Can I ask another favor of you, doggie? Can you defeat more ghosts?" — Jovani (Twilight Princess)
- "It must be though finding those creepy crawlies, right? Take this Lantern with you!" — Jovani (Twilight Princess HD)
- "You did it! Look at me! I'm back to my old self again! Thanks to you, everything in my life is coming up roses! Ha ha HA! Oh, of course, I need to thank you... Please accept this... All right! I need to let my girlfriend know that I'm back!" — Jovani (Twilight Princess)
- "Oh, it's you. I see... So my master got dumped, huh? Well, I guess it goes to show that for humans, it's all about money. I guess that means we don't need any more money...so you can take it all." — Gengle (Twilight Princess)
- "Do you have a second? Do you know a guy named Jovani? My girl here put out a missing- persons report on him. I think she's just trying to make me jealous. Strange things are happening...and some people are even saying it's the work of evil ghouls... It's kind of become an urban legend, in a way... If you ever meet a man called Jovani, tell him to get in touch with this girl here..." — Guard (Twilight Princess)
- "Word came in that he's at the bar... Ugh, what a nuisance..." — Hylian (Twilight Princess)
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess — PRIMA Official Game Guide (Prima Games) pg. 14