Features and Overview
Prior to the second Great Calamity, Zelda shows Link some of Hyrule's wildlife including the rare Silent Princess and attempts to make Link taste a Hot-Footed Frog. Consequently, Irch Plain is the site of the Recovered Memory, "Silent Princess", which Link can recall by visiting the Plain after speaking with Impa and receiving the "Captured Memories" Main Quest.
A Korok can be found by lifting a Rock atop a Tree on a slight hill on the Plain. A second Korok can be found by standing beside a Pinwheel atop a well in the northern reaches of the Plain and shooting the Balloons that appear.
- Despite Zelda showing Link a Silent Princess in the Plain before the second Great Calamity, no Silent Princesses can be found in Irch Plain after Link's Slumber of Restoration.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||バーチ平原 (Bāchi Heigen)||Bāchi Plains|
Bāchi, a transliteration of birch, is the Japanese name of Irch.
|FrenchEU||Plaine de Betula||Betula's Plain|
|Italian||Prati de Betula|
|Russian||Ирцево поле (Irtsevo pole)|
|SpanishEU||Llanura de Abel|
|SpanishLA||Llanura de Abel||Abel Plain|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Irch Plain" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "Zelda shows Link some of the rare types of wildlife in Hyrule. She explains her admiration for a flower called the silent princess. She also catches something unexpected and inspiring!" — Recovered Memory (Breath of the Wild)
- "There's one! Oh! And another! The flowers we have in Hyrule aren't just beautiful... They're also quite useful as ingredients for a variety of things. ...Ah... This one here is called the silent princess. It's a rare, endangered species. Despite our efforts, we can't get them to grow domestically yet. The princess can only thrive out here in the wild. All that we can hope... is that the species will be strong enough to prosper, on its own. Is that what I think it is?! Look at this! I don't believe it, but I actually caught one! This delicacy is known to have very, very potent effects under the proper circumstances. Ta-da! Research from the castle shows ingesting one of these can actually augment certain abilities. We wouldn't be in a controlled environment out here, and with your level of physical fitness... you'd be a perfect candidate for the study! Go on! Taste it!" — Princess Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild — The Complete Official Guide (Piggyback) pg. 351
- "Llanura de Abel" — Map (Breath of the Wild)