|"From the Ground Up"|
Behind the abandoned house in Hateno Village, Link can find Bolson. If Link asks what he is doing, Bolson explains that he is demolishing the building, as nobody wants to live in it. Link can offer to buy the house, though Bolson is suspicious of his ability to do so.
Bolson informs Link that the house has been vacant for years, and the people of Hateno Village decided to pay Bolson Construction 50,000 Rupees to take it down. Therefore, to buy the house, Link would need to pay that amount. However, he decides to lower the cost to 3,000 Rupees and 30 bundles of Wood.[note 1] Once Link is aware of the terms, Bolson stops Hudson and Karson's demolition work. This begins the Side Quest.
When Link is able to pay the 3,000 Rupees, Bolson is at first shocked to hear that he is not lying. If Link asserts his willingness, Bolson will accept the payment. He thanks Link for his investment and compliments his ability to spend so much money at his age. As a housewarming gift, Bolson allows Link to keep the Weapon Mount inside that never sold.
After Hudson has left, Bolson suggests that it is time for the two of them to relax. However, from Link's face, Bolson realizes that he thinks they should continue to work on the house, specifically addressing the fact that the house is empty. He offers to take care of additions for 100 Rupees.
The list of each addition is as follows:
The total cost of all the additions is 1,400 Rupees. Once Link has purchased all of the additions, Bolson will be surprised by his drive.. As a reward, he adds extra Furniture to Link's House, such as a dining table, storage boxes underneath the staircase and a cabinet. This will complete the Side Quest, leaving Bolson to wonder how Hudson's expansion project is doing.
|1||You can buy a house in Hateno Village!|
Bolson, president of Bolson Construction, offered to slash his original asking price of 50,000 rupees down to 3,000 rupees if you also throw in 30 bundles of wood.
What are you waiting for? Gather the wood and bring it to him!
|2||You gave Bolson his wood and got him to slash his asking price for an old-fashioned home from 50,000 rupees to 3,000 rupees.|
When you have the 3,000 rupees saved up, talk to Bolson again to close the deal.
|3||You bought a house in Hateno Village for 3,000 rupees! Bolson generously furnished a weapon rack inside your empty home as a housewarming gift.|
The place is still pretty bare, though. If you talk to Bolson, he might be able to help you with that.
|4||Bolson offered to sell you furniture! Not only that, he'll also remodel your home's exterior!|
Renovate your home with furniture and style to be the envy of your new neighbors!
|Complete||You ordered lots of furniture and exterior knickknacks, and your house is finally a home.|
Bolson seems pretty relieved to have finished such a big job.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||幸せを運ぶ匠 (Shiawase o hakobu takumi)|
|ChineseTR||幸福搬運匠 (Xìngfú bānyùn jiàng)|
|Dutch||Je eigen droomhuis|
|FrenchEU||Le maître du bonheur|
|German||Dein eigenes Traumhaus|
|Italian||La casa dei sogni|
|Korean||행복은 전하는 장인 (Haengbogeun jeonhaneun jangin)|
|Russian||«Мой уютный дом» («Moy uyutnyy dom»)|
|SpanishLA||Hogar, dulce hogar|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- If Link is able to pay the 50,000 Rupees, Bolson will be surprised and remarks that he reminds him of himself in the past. However, he still offers Link the deal.
- "Hylian Homeowner
Hateno Village" — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- "Need something from me?" — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)
- "[What're you doing?] In case it's not obvious, I'm demolishing a vacant house. Time are rough. Not a lot of buyers, y'know? So the villagers decided it was best to just tear it down." — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)
- "[I can buy it!] Whoa, get a load of young moneybags... Just wants to "buy" it, huh?" — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)
- "Okey-doo... Let me lay it out for you. See this house? Been vacant for years." — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)
- "So the villagers had a meeting, argued, voted, and decided to tear it down. The demolition costs, with associated fees, and other such details...come in at 50,000 rupees." — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)
- "So when you say you want to "buy" it, you're talking about 50,000 rupees... You got that much on you?" — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)
- "... ...Alright. All right, look. Here's the deal! Just for you! I'll cut you a special price of 3,000 rupees. BUT IN RETURN! I'm going to need you to bring me 30 wood bundles. Building materials... You know how it is." — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)
- "Well! Who would have thought?! ...Little go-getter, aren't you? Heh. Reminds me of me back in the day." — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)
- "Anyway, you understand the terms? Then get to it. And show me what you're built out of. ...That's a construction joke." — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hudson! Karson! Stop what you're doing!" — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)
- "[I'll pay your price!] ♪Okey-doo.♪ I'll grab them from you." — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)
- "All I needed to see... Good-faith wood. You're obviously serious about this, and now I know it. So, as promised, I'll sell you this old house for the low price of 3,000 rupees. Once you've got the money together, come grab me." — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)
- "Seriously?! You're really gonna give me 3,000 rupees? Like, with three zeroes? You aren't just posturing?" — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)
- "[I'll shell out!] ♪Now way!♪ Talk about studly! ♪I'll just take that off your hands.♪" — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)
- "Thanks for the sweet investment. Spending so much money on ANYTHING at your age... It's just so...studly!" — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)
- "There's a weapon mount in there that never sold... Consider it a housewarming gift. Hope you get some use out of it." — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)
- "So...next-job time, baby! What'd I have lined up again? Oh, yeah, that's what's next. I was going to send Hudson up Akkala way to clear some land!" — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)
- "I asked Hudson to clear some land in the Akkala region." — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)
- "Yup... Business expansion, y'know. I'll probably have him head out soon. If you want to say anything to Hudson, better catch him before he leaves." — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)
- "So the both of us sort of hit a personal milestone, huh? Time to kick back and get LEISURELY, baby!" — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)
- "...Though you look a bit judgemental for such a fine moment. You're looking at me like we should both keep working at it." — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)
- "Heh! You don't even have to say it. "Oh, wah, I just bought a house and it's totally empty and depressing!" Oh, sure, that's you to a T. I see it in your eyes. Yup, I was just like you, about a lifetime ago." — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)
- "So tell you what, lemme help by taking care of furniture, or the exteriror, or anything really, for 5,000 rupees. Actually, no, scratch that. For you? Let's start at 100 rupees." — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)
- "AHH! YOU HOUSING MONSTER! You got EVERYTHING?! Ah, such is the way of youth... Driven! Even reckless, some might say." — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)
- "Well, since you bought everything, I threw in some free furniture! Yeah! Least I could do! Karson! Look lively!" — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)
- "House is absolutely perfect... Nothing else I can do to improve it. Come to think of it, we've had no word from Hudson, have we? Hard to believe someone could get lost on a simple trip to Lake Akkala..." — Bolson (Breath of the Wild)