|Hunt for the Giant Horse|
|Location||Mounted Archery Camp|
At the Mounted Archery Camp, Link can speak to Straia, who is conducting an ecological study of the animals in the area. He chose this location because he heard rumors of the Giant Horse that lives in and is exclusive to the region. When Link asks about the Giant Horse, Straia explains it is potentially a member of a rare, local species of Horse. Due to monsters in the area, though, Straia has been unable to reach the Giant Horse. He even saw a monster that looked like a Horse, which he initially mistook for the Giant Horse.
Based on Link's appearance, Straia presumes that he is a strong adventurer. As such, he asks him to catch the Giant Horse and bring it back for them to see. When Link accepts his suggestion, Straia directs him to the Taobab Grassland, where the Giant Horse is rumored to live. He tells Link that the request is not urgent, which starts the Side Quest.
There are two Lynels located on the Oseira Plains, which lead into the Taobab Grassland. Link must either bypass or defeat them in order to reach the Giant Horse. The Giant Horse itself requires at least two Stamina Wheels to tame, though it can be ridden past the Lynels without the need for a fight.
Link can ride the Giant Horse back to the Mounted Archery Camp and show it to Straia. He is shocked by its size and determines that it must be of a species native to the region. He asks to take a closer look at it, after which he is pleased. He notes that it is different to see something instead of reading about it and thanks Link for the opportunity. As a reward, he gives Link a Silver Rupee, completing the Side Quest.
|1||Out in the Faron Grasslands, you came upon Straia, who is conducting a study on animals in the region. He said he's specifically looking for the rumored giant horse that lives on the Taobab Grasslands.|
Straia asked you to help with his investigation into the giant horse. After all, how giant could it really be?
|Complete||You captured the giant horse in Taobab Grasslands.|
Giant was an accurate description, to be sure. This beast could probably trample monsters with ease.
When you brought it back to Straia, he was very surprised.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Hunt for the Giant Horse
Mounted Archery Camp" — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- "We're doing an ecological study on the wild animals in the area." — Straia (Breath of the Wild)
- "We'd heard that there was a giant horse living in this region. Apparently it can't be found anywhere else... That was all we needed to hear! We headed this way to investigate right away!" — Straia (Breath of the Wild)
- "The really big horse in this region is likely part of a rare, local species." — Straia (Breath of the Wild)
- "However, with all the monsters roaming around, we simply can't go any farther. To be so close to discovery..." — Straia (Breath of the Wild)
- "That's right... There was even a monster that looked quite a lot like a horse... I approached it, thinking at first that it was the giant horse we've been looking for, but... Oh, it was terrible..." — Straia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Just from looking at you, I'd guess that you're an adventurer, right? You certainly look strong." — Straia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hrm... Hey, how would you like to go and catch a giant horse for us?" — Straia (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Leave it to me.] Ah, you're a lifesaver!" — Straia (Breath of the Wild)
- "They say that the giant horse lives around the Taobab Grassland... That'd be northwest of here." — Straia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Do you think you could catch it and bring it back here? Don't stress out over the request, though!" — Straia (Breath of the Wild)
- "That horse... It's huge..." — Straia (Breath of the Wild)
- "I've never seen on that big! That is definitely an endemic species!" — Straia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Sorry, but can I take a good look at that horse?" — Straia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Wow. With this much info, I can feel my spirit for discovery murmuring in contentment." — Straia (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's definitely different seeing something with your own eyes rather than just reading about it. Thank you!" — Straia (Breath of the Wild)
- "This is to thank you for helping with our investigation!" — Straia (Breath of the Wild)