Location and Uses
Breath of the Wild
Hyrule Compendium Entry
Hot-Footed Frogs can be located near bodies of water, swimming or hopping about on the bank. Link may crouch to sneak up and catch them, or quickly dash to snare them before they startle and disappear, otherwise if they spot him, they will quickly escape. They are primarily used in creating Hasty Elixirs, along with Monster Parts or Dragon Materials. The Kochi Dye Shop also accepts them as an ingredient for Green Dye.
A Hot-Footed Frog appears in Recovered Memory #9: Silent Princess, where Zelda captures it to show Link, excitedly saying that it is a delicacy known to have potent effects. She then states that Hyrule Castle's research shows that eating one can enhance certain abilities, going on to add that they aren't in a controlled environment, and since Link has a high level of physical fitness, he would be perfect for the study. She presses him to taste it, though it is unknown whether he actually did, as the Memory ends immediately afterward.
- Total for Climbing Set: 30 (0, 0, 10, 0) x3
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ゴーゴーガエル (Gō Gō Gaeru)|
|Italian||Rana lesta||Quick frog|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Hot-Footed Frog
A quick frog that can be found hopping around near water. Cook it with monster parts to draw out its speed-boost effect." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hot-Footed Frog
A quick frog that can be found hopping around near water. It is said to improve movement speed." — Spoils (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Is that what I think it is? Look at this! I don't believe it, but I actually caught one!" — Princess Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "This delicacy is known to have very, very, potent effects under the proper circumstances." — Princess Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Research from the castle shows ingesting one of these can actually augment certain abilities. We wouldn't be in a controlled environment out here, and with your level of physical fitness...you'd be a perfect candidate for the study!" — Princess Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Go on! Taste it!" — Princess Zelda (Breath of the Wild)