Hoiger Howgendoogen can be found onboard the Traveler's Ship belonging to the Ho Ho Tribe, where if spoken to, he will cryptically lament about his lost Kaleidoscope, which Link can find and his as part of the Trading Quest. If Link speaks to Hoiger Howgendoogen while holding his Kaleidoscope, Hoiger Howgendoogen will ask to see it. Hoiger Howgendoogen will recognize it immediately as it has his name written on the back. As a thanks for returning it Hoiger Howgendoogen will give Link the Guard Notebook which he had found floating in the sea.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 283
- "I'm a member of the Ho Ho Tribe. Yes, indeed! I came from the country of Wayaway, across the ocean, looking for treasure. Certain items are treasure to the people of Wayaway, and I'll buy them from you! I'll buy them for more than any of the general stores around here, too." — Ho Ho Tribe (Phantom Hourglass)
- "Hrm... I dropped that thing somewhere... Things like that are truly hard to find with the naked eye..." — Hoiger Howgendoogen (Phantom Hourglass)
- "...Ho ho! That's a nice telescope you have there! May I see it for a moment?" — Hoiger Howgendoogen (Phantom Hourglass)
- "There! That has my name on it! Look! On the back, in really small writing! Yes, indeed! That's my real name... Hoiger Howgendoogen... I bit my tongue! ......... Regardless, this appears to belong to me. Thanks for delivering it! Please accept this gift as a symbol of my deep appreciation... Oh don't worry. It's just something that I picked up along the way..." — Hoiger Howgendoogen (Phantom Hourglass)
- "I saw it floating among the waves and picked it up. I'd like to return it to the rightful owner, but who is it? What a mystery..." — Hoiger Howgendoogen (Phantom Hourglass)