To acquire a Hidden Skill, Link must first find specific Howling Stones that will teach him a new song. Once Wolf Link howls the melody with the White Wolf, which is the wolf form of the Hero's Spirit, he will ask Link to transform into his human self and find him, pinpointing the location on Link's Map. When Link has found the White Wolf, Link will be transported to a cloudy area, where he will be taught the Hidden Skill by the Hero's Spirit. However, before the session begins, the Hero's Spirit will always ask Link if he is ready to learn the next skill. Should Link say no, the Hero's Spirit will transport Link back to Kingdom of Hyrule. If Link says yes, the Hero's Spirit will test him to see if he properly learned the previous Hidden Skill. If he passes the test, the Hero's Spirit will proceed to teach Link the next skill.
Although up to seven Hidden Skills can be learned throughout Kingdom of Hyrule, only the first one, the Ending Blow, is required to finish Link's quest. As such, the first meeting with the White Wolf cannot be avoided.
- Main article: Ending Blow
- Main article: Shield Attack
The Shield Attack is the second Hidden Skill that Link learns. To perform the Shield Attack, Link must push his Hylian Shield out in front of him and use it to bash into Enemies, lowering their defenses.
- Main article: Back Slice
The Back Slice is the third Hidden Skill that Link learns. To perform the Back Slice, Link must roll around the enemy and then attack while jumping up.
- Main article: Helm Splitter
The Helm Splitter is the fourth Hidden Skill that Link learns. To perform the Helm Splitter, Link must use a Shield Attack and then attack by jumping over the enemy and attacking from behind.
- Main article: Mortal Draw
The Mortal Draw is the fifth Hidden Skill that Link learns. To perform the Mortal Draw, Link must sheathe his Master Sword and wait for the enemy to approach him. Once the enemy is close enough, Link must attack without Z-Targeting. This instantly kills the enemy.
- Main article: Jump Strike
The Jump Strike is the sixth Hidden Skill that Link learns. To perform the Jump Strike, Link must prepare a Jump Slash while charging power in his Master Sword. Once the power is fully charged, Link must release the energy by jumping forwards and slamming his Master Sword into the ground, creating a shockwave that damages all nearby Enemies.
- Main article: Great Spin
The Great Spin is the seventh and final Hidden Skill that Link learns. To perform the Great Spin, Link must perform a normal Spin Attack while at full health, which will upgrade the Spin Attack to the Great Spin.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Italian||Tecniche leggendarie||Legendary skills|
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword — Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Games) pg. 6
- "Let teachings of old pass to you... Take sword in hand and find me..." — Hero's Spirit (Twilight Princess)
- "You have a little more of the look of a hero than you did before... Do you feel ready to earn your next skill?" — Hero's Spirit (Twilight Princess HD)
- "But before we begin, I must test you to ensure you have mastered the last skill I taught you...the ending blow." — Hero's Spirit (Twilight Princess HD)
- "Excellent. It appears you are certainly capable of performing my lost art." — Hero's Spirit (Twilight Princess HD)