- The Legend of Zelda
The Hero's Spirit, also known as the Hero's Shade, is a recurring character in The Legend of Zelda series. The Hero's Spirit is a skeletal specter who can assume the form of a Golden Wolf.Cite error: Invalid
refs with no name must have content
The Hero's Spirit is the Hero of Time from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, filled with regrets from being unable to pass on the "lessons of his life to those who came after him" after he was sent back in time to his childhood. He also lamented the fact that he was not remembered as a hero. In order to ease his regrets and finally pass on his knowledge, he teaches seven Hidden Skills to his descendant, Link, Twilight Princess. In Hyrule, he appears as a Golden Wolf, who can be summoned by finding a Howling Stone, with the exception of the first time he is encountered, in which he appears to Link directly. Once a Howling Stone is found, the song has to be howled along with the Spirit. He then tells Link to take "sword in hand" and find him, implying that Link should return to human form before searching for the Wolf. The Golden Wolf will then appear on Link's Map indicating his current location. When Link confronts the Wolf, it leaps through Link, transporting him into another world. The Wolf then transforms into the Hero's Spirit, who then teaches Link one of seven Hidden Skills.
The Hero's Spirit is mostly transparent save for his armor, which appears to be filled with a ghostly pale blue apparition, rather than flesh, with a seemingly decaying body and mostly skeletal face. Similarly to his appearance as a golden wolf, the spirit's left eye glows red, while his right eye is missing. He carries a rusting sword and shield and wears armor, which is covered with leaves in sections. He carries a scabbard belted to his waist.
My Nintendo Picross: Twilight Princess
The thirty-fifth puzzle in the Picross series and the twenty-sixth puzzle in the Mega Picross series depict the Hero's Spirit.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||骸骨の戦士 (Gaikotsu no Senshi)
金色の狼 (Kin'iro no Ōkami)
勇者の亡霊 (Yūsha no Bōrei)
|FrenchEU||Esprit du héros
|German||Goldener Wolf||Golden Wolf|
|SpanishEU||El Espíritu del Héroe
|The Spirit of the Hero|
- Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 118
- "Some time ago, before the King of Hyrule unified this country, there was a fierce war in our world. One day, to escape from the fires of the war, a Hylian mother and her baby boy entered this forbidden forest. The mother was gravely injured... Her only choice was to entrust the child to the Deku Tree, the guardian spirit of the forest. The Deku Tree could sense that this was a child of destiny, whose fate would affect the entire world, so he took him into the forest. After the mother passed away, the baby was raised as a Kokiri. And now, finally, the day of destiny has come!" — Deku Tree Sprout (Ocarina of Time)
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 179
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 277
- "Although I accepted life as the hero, I could not convey the lessons of that life to those that came after. At last, I have eased my regrets." — Hero's Spirit (Twilight Princess)
- "Let teachings of old pass to you... Take sword in hand and find me." — Hero's Spirit (Twilight Princess)
- "In that case, return to your world and train yourself further. When you are prepared, come visit me again." — Hero's Spirit (Twilight Princess)