Haunted Grove is a recurring location in The Legend of Zelda series.
Features and Overview
A Link to the Past
When Link enters the Dark World equivalent of the Haunted Grove, he finds the Flute Boy transformed into a strange creature as a result of the Golden Power's effects. The Flute Boy tells Link that he buried his Flute with some flower seeds in the Light World's Haunted Grove and gives Link the Shovel to search for it. Link can dig near the top left corner of the Haunted Grove to find the flute.
When he brings the flute back to him in the Dark World, the Flute Boy says he can't play it anymore, asks him to give it to his father in Kakariko Village, and asks to hear its melody one more time. When Link plays the Flute, the boy petrifies into a tree and his apparitions cease to exist in the Haunted Grove.
A Link Between Worlds
In A Link Between Worlds, the grove is initially filled with wild animals early in the game. Later, Link and the Blacksmith's Wife find Gulley's bag there while searching for him, implying that this was place where he was caught and turned into a Painting by Yuga. Afterwards, the grove becomes filled with enemy Soldiers who attack Link whenever they see him.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||動物の広場 (Dōbutsu no Hiroba)|
オカリナの森 (Okarina no Mori)
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "After wandering into this world I turned into this shape." — Flute Boy (A Link to the Past)
- "But it looks like I can't play my flute any more. Please take it." — Flute Boy (A Link to the Past)
- "If by chance you go to the village I lived in, please give it to a tired old man." — Flute Boy (A Link to the Past)
- "Please let me hear the sound of the flute one last time..." — Flute Boy (A Link to the Past)
- A Link to the Past manual, pg. 2, 3
- Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Vol. 2 (Shogakukan 2) pg. 28
|Locations in A Link to the Past|
|Locations in the Light World||Locations in the Dark World|
Click on a location
Click on a location