Happy Mask Shop
|Happy Mask Shop|
The Happy Mask Shop in Ocarina of Time 3D
Features and Overview
The Happy Mask Shop is located in the Market during the past. It only opens after Link gives Zelda's Letter to the Death Mountain Trail Gatekeeper in Kakariko Village. Link can also enter the Shop before it opens, only finding inside a bearded man who wonders when will it open.
Instead of selling the Masks, the Happy Mask Shop hires Link to become a "happiness salesman." The Shop loans a Mask to Link so that he can sell it to other people. Link must then pay back the money to the Shop, which will in return lend him a newer model to sell. Link can borrow Masks that he has already sold, but each model can only be sold once.
At first, the Happy Mask Shop only has the Keaton Mask in stock. If Link manages to complete the Mask Trading Sequence and sell all of the first four Masks, the Happy Mask Shop Owner will reward him with the Mask of Truth, which grants the ability to speak to Gossip Stones. Moreover, the Happy Mask Shop will put up three new Mask models.
During the future, the Happy Mask Shop is destroyed and abandoned.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||しあわせのお面屋 (Shiawase no Otsura Ya)||Same as English|
|ChineseSI||幸福面具店||Same as English|
|FrenchEU||Foire aux Masques||Masks Fair|
|Italian||Negozio delle maschere della felicità||Same as English|
|SpanishLA||La Máscara Feliz (OoT3D)||The Happy Mask|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 240
- "Have you been to the Happy Mask Shop that just opened in the Hyrule Castle Town Market? Everyone is talking about it!" — Death Mountain Trail Gatekeeper (Ocarina of Time)
- "What a strange shop! I wonder when it'll be open for business. I read the sign there, but it still seems weird!" — Hylian (Ocarina of Time)
- "Hiyeee! Welcome to the Happy Mask Shop! We deal in masks that bring happiness to everyone! How would you like to be a happiness salesman?" — Happy Mask Salesman (Ocarina of Time)
- "How This Shop Works / We do not sell masks at this shop. We just lend them to you. You sell the loaned masks on your own. You pay back the money for the mask, and we will lend you a newer model. You can borrow masks you have already sold again; however, you can sell each model of mask only once. Please try our shop! --Happy Mask Shop Owner" — Sign (Ocarina of Time)
- "As a reward... I will lend you this special mask. This is the Mask of Truth. It is a mysterious mask passed down by the Sheikah." — Happy Mask Salesman (Ocarina of Time)
- "From now on you can borrow any mask you want. Just have faith..." — Happy Mask Salesman (Ocarina of Time)