|Gut Check Challenge|
Location and Rules
The Gut Check Challenge is hosted by Bayge of the Goron Blood Brothers atop the apex of Gut Check Rock. Bayge refuses to let Link approach the Gorae Torr Shrine, on account of it being sacred to the Goron Blood Brothers. However, Bayge agrees to move if Link can clear the mini-game. It costs 20 Rupees to play.
The objective of the Gut Check Challenge is to climb to the apex of Gut Check Rock beginning from the bottom in under three minutes, while collecting at least 100 Rupees along the way. Rupees of varying amounts are found along the rockface of the pinnacle, as well as on the wooden platforms built on its side, requiring that Link climbs to reach them. As Link climbs further up the pinnacle, more valuable Rupees will begin to appear. Link can use the Updrafts around the sides of Gut Check Rock to reduce the need to climb, but only to an extent.
If Link manages to successfully climb to the top under the time limit with enough Rupees, he will pass and be granted access to the Gorae Torr Shrine. Link will also keep all the Rupees that he collected along the way. However, if Link fails to clear the Challenge, or gives up, then any Rupees he collected will be forfeited.
Super Gut Check Challenge
The Super Gut Check Challenge is mostly the same, but requires that Link collect at least 300 Rupees to pass. To compensate for the increase, more valuable Rupees are provided along the rockface. If Link manages to succeed, he will keep all of the Rupees that he collected along the way.
- "You signed on for the hard-core training regimen of the three Goron Blood Brothers. They call it the Gut Check Rock Challenge! Talk to Bayge when you're ready." — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- "I AIN'T MOVIN' A MUSCLE, BROTHER! Not a single, well-defined muscle! This is a special platform! Sacred even! Only real Goron men, as decided by us three Goron Blood Brothers, are allowed." — Bayge (Breath of the Wild)
- "But I gotta say...ya do seem like a real man of action. Almost like you have a Goron air about ya. I like it! SO WHAT ARE YA WAITIN' FOR, BROTHER?! GET TRAININ'! Yeah that's it! If you can clear our hard-core training program, I'll move outta your way!" — Bayge (Breath of the Wild)
- "Startin' from the bottom, ya gotta climb back up here within the time limit. BUT! Don't fool yourself into thinking it's only a climbin' challenge, little man. You've gotta pick up rupees as ya go! Get up the cliff within the time limit, and grab a passable number of rupees. Do that, and you pass the test!" — Bayge (Breath of the Wild)
- "If ya run outta time or decide to give up halfway through your climb... You'll have to return all the rupees ya picked up! That's life, brother." — Bayge (Breath of the Wild)
- "And good news, fourth brother! That means you can do the GUT CHECK CHALLENGE all you want! As a Goron Blood Brother, you're ready for the HARD stuff! Just lemme know when you're pumped enough to try it!" — Bayge (Breath of the Wild)
- "Lucky for you, I've prepared a training program to help you ascend to even greater heights! I call it... Super Gut Check Challenge!!" — Bayge (Breath of the Wild)