Features and Overview
Gut Check Rock is a colossal pinnacle in northeastern Eldin Canyon, in close proximity to Eldin's Flank. The pinnacle stands in the middle of a Hot Spring river moat. Its body is sectioned into two halves, consisting of a much broader base and another pinnacle on top. Its rockface is otherwise entirely smooth, making climbing it difficult and strenuous. A number of wooden platforms are built along its side as rest stops between climbing. Gut Check Rock has two Updrafts along its sides, which can be ridden using the Paraglider, reducing the need to climb. At the very top of the pinnacle is Gorae Torr Shrine in the center, along with a Cooking Pot nearby.
Initially when Link first arrives at the apex of the pinnacle, Bayge of the Goron Blood Brothers can be found sitting at the Shrine. Gut Check Rock is an important location to the Goron Blood Brothers as it serves as their training ground. The Shrine, by extension, is considered sacred to them as the only proven Goron men may approach it, and thus Bayge refuses to move for Link. However, Bayge agrees to move if Link can clear the Gut Check Rock Challenge mini-game, in which Link must climb the pinnacle while collecting 100 Rupees to pass. This initiates the Shrine Quest, "The Gut Check Challenge".
After Link has successfully completed the Challenge, Bayge will happily let Link approach the Shrine. He will also begin to offer a harder version of the Challenge, called the Super Gut Check Challenge, in which Link must collect 300 Rupees.
At the base of the Gut Check Rock are Heehl and Kabetta, the other two Goron Blood Brothers. Heehl is standing next one of the Updrafts, while Kabetta is laying down in exhaustion from failing the Challenge.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ド根性ガケ (Do Konjō Gake)||Super Gut Cliff|
|SpanishLA||Pilar del valor||Pillar of Courage|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Gut Check Rock" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "PUMP IT UP, BROTHER! By the gods, I love me some muscle. This right here is our hard-core training ground, string bean. This is where we come to get RIPPED. AND. SHREDDED. It's where Goron boys become Goron men, brother!" — Bayge (Breath of the Wild)
- "I AIN'T MOVIN' A MUSCLE, BROTHER! Not a single, well-defined muscle! This is a special platform! Sacred even! Only real Goron men, as decided by us three Goron Blood Brothers, are allowed." — Bayge (Breath of the Wild)
- "But I gotta say...ya do seem like a real man of action. Almost like you have a Goron air about ya. I like it! SO WHAT ARE YA WAITIN' FOR, BROTHER?! GET TRAININ'! Yeah that's it! If you can clear our hard-core training program, I'll move outta your way!" — Bayge (Breath of the Wild)
- "So manly... Brother... You're a true...manly Goron man... Do your best... Brother..." — Kabetta (Breath of the Wild)
- "Besides, my littlest bro is in the middle of trainin' right now. A brother does NOT interrupt a brother's trainin', brother!" — Bayge (Breath of the Wild)
- "Pilar del valor" — Map (Breath of the Wild)