Gully is the mischievous son of Piper. He has an interest in insects and the Nets used to catch them. When Link first encounters Gully, the child asks him to roll into a tree so that he may retrieve the Sky Stag Beetle that is resting on it. After Link does so, the Sky Stag Beetle will fly away and Gully will give chase to it. After the bug outruns him, he becomes discouraged and mentions that he would need a Bug Net from Beedle's Airshop to catch it in the first place.
After Link obtains the Goddess Sword, Gully can be found wandering the Skyloft Pier. He calls attention to Beedle's Airshop, which houses a Bug Net, but mentions that Link must use a projectile to get Beedle's Airshop to stop. If Link purchases a Bug Net, Gully will become jealous, saying that he needs to figure out a way to get up to Beedle's Airshop so that he can purchase a Bug Net and upgrade it into a Big Bug Net.
Gully's house contains many bug-themed paraphernalia. Aside from the many drawings of bugs, Gully also keeps framed insects beside the dining table. He also has two Bug Nets kept in a barrel with other tools. Gully has many mannerisms of a typical kid, such as wiping his nose with the sleeve of his shirt.
- Although Gully says that he needs a Bug Net from Beedle's Airshop to catch the Sky Stag Beetle, he already has two Bug Nets in his house.
Gully's name is derived from seagull.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Goël (SS)||Portmanteau of "goéland" (gull) and "Joël", a name for a boy.|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
Concept art of Gully from Hyrule Historia
- "He is the son of Piper, a food researcher, and is known to have an interest in insects." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 32 (SS)
- "Hold up, Link! Hey! Hey, Link! Could you help me with something? All you have to do is use to dash and roll into the tree. Just like I've been doing. Dash, then shake the Nunchuk when you're in front of the tree to--BAM! Do a roll right into it! So come on... Pleeeeease?" — Gully (Skyward Sword)
- "Whooooooooa! You did it! A Sky Stag Beetle! Wait up!" — Gully (Skyward Sword)
- "Awwww! My Sky Stag Beetle... So close... Oh well. To catch it, I would need a Bug Net, anyway. I wish I hadn't thrown out the one I bought at Beedle's Airshop. Awwww..." — Gully (Skyward Sword)
- "Hey, look up there! It's Beedle's Airshop! It's here! He sells Bug Nets there! I want one sooooo bad! There's a bell hanging down from the shop, and I hear if you ring it, Beedle will stop for you and pick you up! But that bell is up off the ground... You'd have to launch something at it to have any hope of ringing it!" — Gully (Skyward Sword)
- "Hi, Link! WHAT? You went to Beedle's Airshop? Without me?! That's so unfair!" — Gully (Skyward Sword)
- "Ahhh, the wait is killing me! I've got to have a Bug Net! How can I get up to Beedle's Airshop?!" — Gully (Skyward Sword)
- "I have to figure out a way to get up to Beedle's Airshop soon so I can get a Bug Net too! Then I'm going straight to the Scrap Shop to get Gondo to upgrade it and make it even bigger!" — Gully (Skyward Sword)
- Hyrule Historia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 32 (SS)