- Not to be confused with the Great Spin Attack, a different version of spin attack used in The Legend of Zelda series.
The Legend of Zelda series
Strengthening the power of the spin attack
The Great Spin is the seventh and final Hidden Skill that Link learns in Twilight Princess. Link can learn this Hidden Skill by first finding a Howling Stone to awaken the White Wolf. The Howling Stone needed to learn the Great Spin can be found in the Hidden Village near the Cucco Leader. After howling with the White Wolf, the White Wolf instructs Link to find him while in human form. The White Wolf also marks the location of where he can be found on Link's Map. Once Link returns to human form, he can find the White Wolf waiting in front of Hyrule Castle. Approaching the White Wolf will return Link to the clouded area where the Hero's Spirit can teach Link the Great Spin.
This Hidden Skill is a much stronger version of Link's normal Spin Attack}. At full health, Link uses a wide-range Spin Attack with a powerful wave for an extended radius. The difference between the Great Spin and the Spin Attack can be noticed by how the Great Spin's attack radius is red instead of the Spin Attack's light green.
In the Twilight Realm, if Link is at full health and has absorbed the Sol into the Master Sword, the Spin Attack will reach its maximum radius, as the Spin Attack has the same reach as the Great Spin, and combined with the Great Spin's radius makes it much wider (approximately 1.5 the radius of the Great Spin).
A Link Between Worlds
Tri Force Heroes
Link can perform the Great Spin in Tri Force Heroes by purchasing and donning the Spin Attack Attire, an Outfit which becomes available once the young hero reaches the final Area of the Drablands, Sky Realm. This version of the Great Spin has double the range, power, and duration of the normal Spin Attack, and grants Link invincibility while performing the attack, allowing him to strike any type of Enemy without being harmed and causing traps such as Guruguru Bars to pass through him.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Then before we begin...I will test you to ensure you have mastered the last skill I taught you, the jump strike." — Hero's Spirit (Twilight Princess HD)
- "You have at your disposal the basic sword technique known as the spin attack. You have mastered numerous hidden skills and now house the spirit of the true hero. You now have in you the ability to magnify the power of your spin attack. But the only time you can draw out that power is when your life energy is brimming full." — Hero's Spirit (Twilight Princess HD)
- "Very well. My final hidden skill is... The great spin! Let it be hewn into your mind!" — Hero's Spirit (Twilight Princess HD)
- "Incredible! You've mastered the Great Spin! Build power by holding , and then let loose!" — N/A (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Search for the statues that howl with the sound of the wind. Seek the sound that calls the spirit of the beast to awaken me again." — Hero's Spirit (Twilight Princess HD)
- "Let teachings of old pass to you... Take sword in hand and find me..." — White Wolf (Twilight Princess HD)
- "You learned the final hidden skill, the great spin! With full life energy, unleash a spin attack for even more damage." — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "Increases Spin Attack range and power. Hold and release to unleash the fury!" — Pick an Outfit (Tri Force Heroes)