|Era(s)||Era of the Wilds|
Lanayru Great Spring
Hyrule Compendium Entry
Grassland foxes are small creatures with orange backs, sides and tails, white chests, throats and muzzles, and black feet and ears. The insides of their ears are also coated in white fur, and they have small eyebrow-like markings above their eyes.
Grassland Foxes are common creatures found in Hyrule during the Era of the Wilds. The Hyrule Compendium notes Hyrule Field and the Lanayru Great Spring as common habitats, but these animals can be found in a range of areas throughout Hyrule, and are also common in Hyrule Ridge and the Great Hyrule Forest. Despite their name, they inhabit both grasslands and woodlands. They are omnivorous, and feed chiefly on fruit, insects, and animals smaller than themselves.
- The Hyrule Compendium describes Grassland Foxes as solitary animals that don't form packs, in contrast to other foxes. However, real-life foxes are all solitary animals, and the other kind of fox in the game, Snowcoat Foxes, are also only found alone.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Italian||Volpe di pianura|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Grassland Fox" — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)
- "This breed of fox is common to grasslands and forests." — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)
- "Being omnivores, they hunt animals smaller than themselves and often stick to eating fruit and insects." — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)
- "Unlike other foxes, they tend to act independently rather than form packs." — Hyrule Compendium (Breath of the Wild)