Goron Elder (grandfather)
- For the general term, see Child Goron.
Upon first visiting the Goron Village, the Goron Child informs Link that the entrance to the village is blocked by fire geysers. After Link brings Mega Ice and extinguishes the flames blocking his way to the village, he is granted access to the Fire Sanctuary by the Goron Elder who first notes that Link must prove himself, only to be swayed moments later when his grandson runs into the room, noting that Link was the one whose efforts put out the geysers.
After Link defeats Cragma, the Boss of the Fire Temple, the Goron Child tells him that he wants to meet a Princess and asks him to be brought to a big city. The Goron Elder thinks that a trip to Castle Town will help his grandson realize that his village is paradise, something that the his grandson does not understand. When Link brings him to Hyrule's capital city, the young Goron mistakes Lucia for a princess before rewarding Link with a Force Gem. Later, he tells Link that he feels short-changed and homesick; if he cheers him up, the Goron Child gives Link a Goron Amber.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||コゴロン (Kogoron)||From 子 (Child) and ゴロン (Goron).|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Did you happen to see my grandson out there? Lately he has been talking about how he would like to go to the city... He always was such an inquisitive boy. I am sure he would be fascinated by your train. Though other places can be nice, we Gorons know our village is paradise. But my grandson is still too young to understand that fully..." — Goron Elder (Spirit Tracks)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 289 (ST)
- "I hope Gramps is OK... He is the oldest Goron in our whole village! Everyone calls him the Goron Elder." — Goron Child (Spirit Tracks)
- "Gramps! Gramps! This boy fixed the path to the village, Gramps! That is how I could make it back home!" — Goron Child (Spirit Tracks)
- "This may seem a little random, but I have made up my mind. I am tired of living in the sticks, so I am moving to the big city." — Goron Child (Spirit Tracks)
- "The city is where the castle is. And the castle is where the princess lives. See what I am getting at?" — Goron Child (Spirit Tracks)
- "Oh, let me tell you, friend... It is hard times living in the city, especially for a Goron like me. I go to the castle, and the guards tell me no rocks are allowed inside. Most folks think that I look like a boulder and that I should be treated as one. And do not get me started on the prices. One Cucco costs an arm and a leg! I am broke. Just the other day, I used the last of the money Gramps gave me. This place is so different from Goron Village... And I am so very tired." — Goron Child (Spirit Tracks)
- "Thank you for the words of encouragement. You are right. I will not let this city beat me! Here, let me give you something for those nice words of yours!" — Goron Child (Spirit Tracks)
- Encyclopedia (TOKYOPOP) pg. 287 (ST)