A Golden Bomb from Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Ages
In Oracle of Ages, Talus Peaks has a natural fountain with a Sign next to it warning people not to throw anything into the water. If Link throws in a Bomb, a red Fairy appears. She materializes a Golden Bomb and a Silver Bomb and asks Link which one he dropped. If he answers honestly, the Fairy rewards him by increasing the amount of Bombs he can carry by 20. If Link responds by saying he dropped the Golden Bomb, the Fairy asks him to confirm, twice. If he affirms the lie both times, the Fairy teaches him a lesson by depleting his Life Energy to a single Heart. To obtain the upgrade Link must leave the area, then return and throw in another Bomb to restart the whole interaction.
The Minish Cap
In The Minish Cap, Link throws a Bomb into the Great Mayfly Fairy's Fountain, she will ask him whether he threw a Golden Bomb, a Silver Bomb, or neither. If Link gives the honest answer of "Neither", she rewards him with a Big Bomb Bag; however, if he gives either of the other incorrect answers, she accuses him of lying and takes away all of his Bombs.
Golden Bombs are not seen in-game, only mentioned.
The Golden Bomb and Silver Bomb in Oracle of Ages
- "Did you drop a Golden Bomb? Or a Silver Bomb?" — Fairy (Oracle of Ages)
- "Did you throw the Golden Bomb into the spring? Or the Silver Bomb?" — Great Mayfly Fairy (The Minish Cap)
- "Do not throw anything into the water." — Sign (Oracle of Ages)
- "You are an honest person. I'll increase the number of Bombs you can carry to reward you. Hee-yah!" — Fairy (Oracle of Ages)
- "...Really? A Golden Bomb?" — Fairy (Oracle of Ages)
- "Really and truly a Golden Bomb???" — Fairy (Oracle of Ages)
- "Liar! Greed begets sorrow!" — Fairy (Oracle of Ages)
- "I hope you've learned not to lie." — Fairy (Oracle of Ages)
- "You are honest. I must reward such an honest adventurer with some of my power." — Great Mayfly Fairy (The Minish Cap)
- "You're lying, aren't you? As punishment for your lie, I will reduce your number of bombs to zero." — Great Mayfly Fairy (The Minish Cap)