Location and Uses
In Majora's Mask, Gold Dust is awarded to the victor of the Patriarch's Race after completing Snowhead Temple. The Gold Dust comes in a Bottle Link can keep the first time he wins it. The Bottle, but not the dust, is brought back through time with him when travelling back to the Dawn of the First Day. When Gold Dust is won again in future cycles, it is presented to Link on a piece of paper or foil, to be stored in a Bottle he already possesses.
Zubora and Gabora need this to temper Link's Razor Sword into the Gilded Sword. Gold Dust can be sold for 200 Rupees at the Curiosity Shop, making it one of the most financially profitable items to sell. This is in stark contrast to the abysmal 40 Rupees offered at the Mountain Smithy.
Tri Force Heroes
|Names in Other Regions|
|Spanish||Polvo de Oro||Gold Dust|
|SpanishLA||Polvo de oro (MM3D)||Gold dust|
Gold Dust from Majora's Mask
- "The gold dust won as the prize in the Goron Races in spring can be used by the smithy to forge a sword. Or it can be sold to the smithy for 40 Rupees, but the Curiosity Shop will buy it for 200 Rupees..." — Gossip Stone (Majora's Mask)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 125 (MM | TFH)
- "My son got better immediately. He went to see the Goron Races that celebrate spring." — Goron Elder (Majora's Mask)
- "Hey, now that's a mean joke. Your sword has already been reforged into a Razor Sword! Unless... Do you want me to make your sword stronger? To do that, I'll need gold dust. Do you have any?" — Zubora (Majora's Mask)
- "But... If you have gold dust, I'll buy it off you for 40 Rupees. How about it?" — Zubora (Majora's Mask)