- This article is about the ship in The Wind Waker. For the Dungeon in Phantom Hourglass, see Bellum's Ghost Ship.
The Great Sea
Entrance to the Ghost Ship
The Ghost Ship haunts seven islands of the Great Sea during the night. It appears at different locations depending on the current state of the moon. Only by obtaining the Ghost Ship Chart, hidden on Diamond Steppe Island, Link can enter it.
The Ghost Ship appears at Crescent Moon Island during full moon, Diamond Steppe Island when part of the right half of the moon is missing, Bomb Island when the right half of the moon is missing, Spectacle Island when the crescent moon faces up, Five-Star Isles when the crescent moon faces down, Star Belt Archipelago when the left half of the moon is missing, and Greatfish Isle when part of the left half of the moon is missing.
The Ghost Ship is transparent with surrounding blue flames. It bears a tattered sail and flag, and, on its bow, is a carving of what appears to be a person praying. Whenever Link is in the same area as the Ghost Ship, the sky fills with dark clouds and thunders, and a haunting melody starts to play. The interior has broken wooden beams and, on both sides of the floor, are four skulls lined in a row. The cracked left side of the ceiling shows what appear to be spirits floating by. There is also a small beam of light on the right side, containing a lone flower. In The Wind Waker HD, the interior floor also bears a ghastly haze.
Once inside the Ghost Ship, Link must defeat two Poes and a Wizzrobe, which is able to summon ReDeads and Stalfos. After defeating all the enemies, Link will be able to climb up a ladder leading to a Treasure Chest which contains a Triforce Chart in The Wind Waker or a Triforce Shard in The Wind Waker HD. After collecting the contents of the Treasure Chest, a demonic scream sounds throughout the Ghost Ship. Link then awakens aboard the King of Red Lions, with the Ghost Ship disappearing forever.
- In the small room containing the Treasure Chest in The Wind Waker, there is an engraved face on the wall that seems to have a wide, eerie grin from afar. However, when Link approaches it, the face quickly changes to that of an expressionless, normal face. This was removed in The Wind Waker HD.
- The scream that is heard when obtaining opening the Treasure Chest is actually a sped-up version of an unused audio clip of Jabun screaming.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "The Ghost Ship is here!
I bet there's treasure in it!" — Tingle (The Wind Waker)
- "Oh, I've got some great information, small fry! Lucky you! If you use the treasure that's hidden on that island there, the thing that vanishes as soon as you get near it... It won't vanish anymore! You know...IT! I'm talking about IT! That thing that appears on nights when a wee bit of the right half of the moon is missing! Don't you know what I'm talking about?! IT!" — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- "You'd best be careful sailing these waters on nights when the moon is full. Well, if you like pure, soul-freezing horror, fry, then maybe you can handle it." — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- "You ought to come sail these seas on nights when the right half of the moon is missing... It'll give you shivers, fry!" — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- "Beware the night when the crescent moon faces up! That's all I can tell you, small fry." — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- "Have you seen it, small fry? ...The Ghost Ship? 'Cause it's real. It's even been seen here, in these very waters... On nights when the crescent moon faces down... That's when the horror rises..." — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- "I wouldn't sail through these seas on nights when the left half of the moon is missing... You'll regret it if you do, fry! I'm warning you! It's not my fault if you get so scared that you can't go to the bathroom at night anymore!" — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- "You should come around these parts on nights when just a wee bit of the left half of the moon is missing. ...That's when IT appears, fry!" — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- Beta64, Beta64 - Wind Waker, YouTube (video), published March 18, 2013, retrieved October 12, 2015.
- "This foul ship, veiled in mist and fading in and out of sight like something of another world... Yes, my young sir... 'Tis none other than the Ghost Ship!" — Lenzo (The Wind Waker)