The Legend of Zelda
Geldmen do not appear in The Legend of Zelda. However, Link is seen battling one in an artwork referring to The Legend of Zelda in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past — Nintendo Player's Guide by Nintendo of America Inc..
A Link to the Past
A Link to the Past Manual Comment
Hiding just beneath the shifting sands, Geldmen in A Link to the Past quickly surface and pursue when a foe approaches, only to retreat back under the sand. They are surprisingly fast, and can withstand a couple of blows from Link's Fighter's Sword.
Four Swords Adventures
In Four Swords Adventures, Geldmen can get caught in quicksand, where they will then sit in the center of the sinkhole and cause damage to Link if he gets pulled in. On the other hand, they can also be destroyed by Devalants living in these sinkholes.
They also appear in Tingle's Tower during the Mole Melee game. Playing the role of the moles, Geldmen appear in a field and must be hit with Magic Hammers. Certain Geldmen will appear in green, red, blue or purple colors and will give the respective Link three points for hitting them. Black Geldmen will also appear who will explode when hit, stunning Link.
A Link Between Worlds
In A Link Between Worlds, when the Sand Rod is used on Geldmen, it launches them from the sand, revealing legs and stripping them naked of their sand aside from red thong briefs. They then proceed to run away from Link, and can be struck while attempting to escape and will drop Rupees.
Ancient Stone Tablets
A Link to the Past (Caviga)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ゲルドマン (Gerudo Man)||Geldo/Gerudo Man|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past — Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Co., Ltd.) pg. 50
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Games) pg. 39
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 179 (ALttP | FSA | ALBW)
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past — Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Co., Ltd.) pg. 5
- A Link to the Past manual, pg. 50 Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Vol. 1 (Shogakukan 1) pg. 125