After a disturbance of volcanic activity in Death Mountain, Darbus, the patriarch of the Gorons, went into the Goron Mines to investigate the cause as well as to check on the status of the Mines' Fused Shadow. Fyrus is the form that Darbus assumed after being transformed by the power of the Fused Shadow. Due to his ferocity and inability to control himself from the transformation, as well as causing destruction in the Mines, the Goron elders locked him away deep inside the Goron Mines to prevent him from causing further damage.
When Link enters Fyrus's chamber, he finds that he is chained to pillars within the room. When Fyrus detects Link, the gem on his forehead lights up and he ignites, ripping the chains from the pillars that bind him. Fyrus will then attack Link with three attacks, such as using the chains on his arms as whips, unleasing a massive fire wave from around, or by spewing out flames from his mouth, Fyrus must first be stunned by shooting the glowing jewel on his head with an Arrow using the Hero's Bow, causing him to run around in pain for a short while. Link must then equip the Iron Boots and grab the end of one of the chains attached to Fyrus's legs and pull, causing him to fall over. Afterward, the jewel on his forehead becomes vulnerable and Link can attack with his Sword. When Fyrus finally recovers, he proceeds to emit a wave of fire that can damage Link, who must get as far away from him as possible after attacking. Alternatively, Link can shoot Fyrus's gem and then wait until he calms down, then shoot him again. Eventually he will fall down and can be instantly defeated with the finishing blow.
Once Fyrus is defeated, the Twilight matter from his altered form fuses into one piece, creating the second Fused Shadow. Link is able to look upon a confused Darbus as the Goron returns to his normal self, completely unaware of what has just happened. Link is also awarded with a Heart Container.
Fyrus's name is a portmanteau of fire and Darbus, the name of Fyrus's original form.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||覚醒火炎獣 マグドフレイモス (Kakusei Kaenjū Magudofureimosu)||Awoken Flame Beast: Magdoflamoth|
|French||Magmaudit, Créature pyrogène du Crépuscule||Magmaudit, Pyrogen Creature of Twilight|
|German||Flammende Bestie: Flammatron||Flaming Beast: Flammatron|
|Italian||Pyrus, il vulcano del crepuscolo||Pyrus, the Volcano of Twilight|
|Korean||각성화염마 마그파이러스 (Gakseong Hwayeom'ma Mageupaireoseu)||Awakened Flame Demon: Magpyrus|
|Spanish||Pyrus, Demonio Ígneo de las Sombras||Pyrus, Igneous Demon of the Shadows|
- Fyrus is the first and only boss in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess to only have one phase in the battle, while the other bosses have two or more phases in their battle.
- If Link hides behind one of the many pillars in the arena before Fyrus wakes up after being knocked down, Fyrus will look around the arena to try and find Link, this will go on until Fyrus spots link.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 178
- "We have a treasure that was entrusted to us by the spirits, and we must protect it. Do you understand? But the moment Darbus reached out and touched the treasure...everything went wrong. He collapsed...and before our very eyes transformed into an unspeakable monster!" — Gor Coron (Twilight Princess)
- "He began to rage through the mines, trailing ruin behind him...and the eruptions grew more frequent and more severe. We used all of our strength to seal him deep inside the mountain..." — Gor Coron (Twilight Princess)
- "Uhhgh... Urrgh... ...Hmm? What am I doing here? Unngh... My head, it aches... Urrrgh... So much pain... I cannot remember anything..." — Darbus (Twilight Princess)