Location and Uses
A Link to the Past
The Zora's Flippers can be bought from King Zora for 500 Rupees at the Zora's Waterfall in A Link to the Past. They allow Link to swim in deep water and to use Whirlpool Waterways to warp between bodies of water. In the Game Boy Advance version, Link is able to dive underwater while swimming. This can be used to avoid enemy attacks and certain traps.
The Flippers are obtained in the Angler's Tunnel in Link's Awakening. They allow Link to swim and dive underwater by pressing the B button, which is required to enter the Catfish's Maw. By diving underwater, Link can avoid attacks from enemies while swimming.
Oracle of Seasons
The Zora's Flippers are received from the Master Diver at the Sunken City if Link retrieves the Master's Plaque for him in Oracle of Seasons. With the Zora's Flippers, Link can dive for a short period of time. If the Zora Ring is worn, he can dive for an infinite length of time.
Oracle of Ages
The Zora's Flippers are found in Cheval's Tomb in the Yoll Graveyard in Oracle of Ages. They are used to pass Cheval's tests in order to get the Cheval Rope. Link can later find the Mermaid Suit, an upgrade to the Flippers. With the Zora's Flippers, Link can dive for a short period of time. If the Zora Ring is worn, he can dive for an infinite length of time.
The Minish Cap
The Flippers can be found in a sewer underneath the Royal Hyrule Library after returning all the missing books in The Minish Cap. With the Flippers, Link is able to gain entrance to the Temple of Droplets at Lake Hylia.
A Link Between Worlds
|Names in Other Regions|
ゾーラの水かき (Zōra no Mizukaki)
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 123(ALttP | LA | OoS | OoA | TMC | ALBW)
- "You've got the Flippers! If you press the B Button while you swim, you can dive underwater!" — N/A (Link's Awakening DX)
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening — Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Co., Ltd.) pg. 58
- A Link to the Past manual, pg. 29 Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Vol. 1 (Shogakukan 1) pg. 23
- Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords (Shogakukan) pg. 16