Location and Uses
Breath of the Wild
Flint can be found after breaking Ore Deposits, Luminous Stone Deposits, and Rare Ore Deposits. Striking pieces of Flint with metal Weapons cause the Flint to ignite. This can be used to create Campfires by dropping a piece near some Wood before striking it. It can be used to relight Campfires, including the Campfires under Cooking Pots, by placing some Flint near the Campfire before striking it. The Kochi Dye Shop also accepts Flint as an ingredient for Black Dye.
The Champions' Weapons, if broken, can be reforged by special craftsmen with Flint as a requirement. If Link ever breaks the Ceremonial Trident, he can have Dento at the Hammerhead recreate it for him in exchange for five Flint and a Zora Spear. A Zora Spear, five Flint, and a Diamond are needed for him to make a new Lightscale Trident, as well.
In Gerudo Town, Buliara will be able to remake the Scimitar of the Seven and Daybreaker. To make a new Scimitar of the Seven, she needs one diamond, five pieces of flint, and a Gerudo Scimitar. She needs the same items to make the Daybreaker, but instead of a Gerudo Scimitar, she needs a Gerudo Shield.
To remake a Boulder Breaker, Link must approach Rohan in Goron City. He will ask for a Cobble Crusher, a Diamond, and five pieces of Flint, and in return he will give Link a new Boulder Breaker.
Three Flint are needed for each upgrade to the Amber Earrings and Opal Earrings, along with their respective gemstones, at a Great Fairy Fountain. The Ruby Circlet, Sapphire Circlet, Topaz Earrings, and Diamond Circlet all need three Flint for their first two upgrades as well.
- Total for Amber Earrings: 12 (3, 3, 3, 3)
- Total for Opal Earrings: 12 (3, 3, 3, 3)
- Total for Topaz Earrings: 6 (3, 3, 0, 0)
- Total for Ruby Circlet: 6 (3, 3, 0, 0)
- Total for Sapphire Circlet: 6 (3, 3, 0, 0)
- Total for Diamond Circlet: 6 (3, 3, 0, 0)
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
Strike it with a metallic weapon to generate a spark. This portable fire starter breaks after one use, but it can create a long-lasting flame if you use it near firewood." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
Strike it with a metallic weapon to generate a spark. Extremely useful for starting fires, this is a must-have for any adventurer looking to travel across Hyrule." — Spoils (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "The ceremonial trident... I somehow felt it had disappeared from this world. Shall I remake it for you?" — Dento (Breath of the Wild)
- "In that case, I will need a Zora spear and five pieces of flint..." — Dento (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Lightscale Trident... I somehow felt it had disappeared from this world. Shall I remake it for you?" — Dento (Breath of the Wild)
- "In that case, I will need a Zora Spear, one diamond, and five pieces of flint." — Dento (Breath of the Wild)
- "Well, do you want me to make new ones for you?" — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "To make a Scimitar of the Seven, I'll need one diamond, five flint, and a Gerudo scimitar." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Daybreaker, huh? To make it, I'll need one diamond, five pieces of flint, and a Gerudo shield." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "Looks like ya don't have the Boulder Breaker..." — Rohan (Breath of the Wild)
- "If ya want a new one, I'm gonna need a cobble crusher, five pieces of flint, and a diamond." — Rohan (Breath of the Wild)