Fierce Deity Mask
|Fierce Deity Mask|
Breath of the Wild
3 (Base Strength)
5 (Upgraded Once)
8 (Upgraded Twice)
12 (Upgraded Thrice)
20 (Upgraded Four Times)
Location and Uses
The Fierce Deity's Mask is one of five Masks that transforms Link when worn. It transforms Link into Fierce Deity Link, where Link has an adult form and voice, and also transforms his Sword into the Fierce Deity Sword. His attack power and range is greatly increased, and his Sword can release Sword Beams at the cost of Magic. When obtained, it is suggested to be as dangerous as Majora's Mask.
Link can obtain the Fierce Deity's Mask by trading the twenty non-transformation Masks to the four Moon Children. Since the Deku Mask, Goron Mask, and the Zora Mask cannot be traded, Link must have in his possession all of the other Masks before being able to receive the Fierce Deity's Mask. Once this has been done, the young hero obtains the Mask from the child wearing Majora's Mask. He gives him the Mask so that the two of them can "play" together. It is said to possess the merits of all Masks, as well as the memories of all the people of Termina.
The Fierce Deity's Mask can only be used during Boss battles, and, in Majora's Mask 3D, Fishing Ponds. However, its combat capabilities are disabled inside Fishing Ponds, and the Fishing Hole Men will forbid Link from leaving while wearing it.
Breath of the Wild
The Fierce Deity Mask is a piece of Armor in Breath of the Wild. It is obtained by scanning the Majora's Mask Link amiibo with the amiibo Rune. According to its description, the Fierce Deity Mask is the same Mask as the one worn by Link in the Era of the Hero of Time, although it does not retain its powers that it once had. When worn, the Fierce Deity Mask provides one level of Attack Up. Like Majora's Mask, the eyes of the Fierce Deity Mask glow allowing them to be seen in dark areas such as the Thyphlo Ruins. The Fierce Deity Mask can be enhanced by a Great Fairy, though it cannot be Dyed at the Kochi Dye Shop. The Fierce Deity Mask, alongside the Fierce Deity Armor and Fierce Deity Boots, compose the Fierce Deity Set.
Fierce Deity Mask
|Legends say this mask was once worn by a hero from a world in which the moon threatened to fall. It looks scary, but wearing it offers fierce, godlike power.||Majora's Mask Link amiibo (using amiibo Rune)|
|Level||Defense||Upgrade Cost||Resale Value|
|★||5||×5||Hinox Toenail||190 Rupees|
|★★||8||×5||Hinox Tooth||275 Rupees|
|★★★||12||×2||Hinox Guts||380 Rupees|
|×1||Shard of Dinraal's Fang|
|★★★★||20||×2||Lynel Guts||555 Rupees|
|×1||Shard of Dinraal's Horn|
- Despite not being required to complete the game, Link obtaining the Fierce Deity's Mask is stated to be canon in Hyrule Historia.
- In the Japanese text of the game, the child wearing Majora's Mask specifically states that he wants to play tag with Link. This is a play on words as the Japanese text states that the Fierce Deity's Mask is a mask an oni (a type of Japanese ogre) wears, and the Japanese name for tag is "pretending to be an oni."
- In the original version of Majora's Mask, when the Fierce Deity's Mask is first obtained after trading all 20 non-transformation Masks, a glitch prevents the use of the other transformation Mask against Majora. This was fixed in Majora's Mask 3D.
- Early in development, an adult Link Mask was meant to appear in the game, but was later replaced by the Fierce Deity's Mask. This may be due to the fact that Link can now use items that only Adult Link could in Ocarina of Time, rendering the mask useless. In Hyrule Historia, the Majora's Mask section contains concept art of Adult Link, confirming that Adult Link was meant to appear sometime during development.
- Inside the game's code, a textured model of a Link Mask can be found. It is possible that it was used to turn Link back into his Hylian form when wearing other transformation Masks, as concept art in Hyrule Historia shows Deku Link wearing a similar Mask.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Masque du Dieu démon||Mask of the demon God|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
The Furious Deity Mask Weapon, as seen in-game from Hyrule Warriors
The Vengeful Deity Mask Weapon, as seen in-game from Hyrule Warriors
Young Link using the Inflamed Deity Mask from Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
- The Badge from Hyrule Warriors is referred to in the possessive form as the "Fierce Deity's Mask", whereas the Weapon is simply known as "Fierce Deity Mask".
- "Fierce Deity Mask
Legends say this mask was once worn by a hero from a world in which the moon threatened to fall. It looks scary, but wearing it offers fierce, godlike power." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 123 (MM)
- "You got the Fierce Deity's Mask! Could this mask's dark powers be as bad as Majora? Tremendous power is emanating from within..." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "Fierce Deity's Mask - Wear it with (C). Its dark power can be used only in boss rooms." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "The Fierce Deity's Mask, a mask that contains the merits of all masks, seems to be... somewhere in this world..." — Gossip Stone (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "The best way to think about it is that the memories of all the people of Termina are inside of the Fierce Deity Mask." —Eiji Aonuma (Aonuma on the pain behind Link’s transformations in Majora’s Mask, Fierce Deity Mask soul)
- "Hey. Hey! What's with that scary face, fella? If ya leave here lookin' like that, you'll scare away potential customers and ruin our reputation!" — Fishing Hole Man (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Legends say this mask was once worn by a hero from a world in which the moon threatened to fall. It looks scary, but wearing it offers fierce, godlike power." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
- "The mastermind behind these events was none other than Majora's Mask. Link pursued the mask to the center of the moon. There, a strange battle unfolded. Link transformed into the Fierce Deity and eradicated the threat." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 112)
- EnNopp112, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 100% Speedrun in 4:35:30, YouTube (Video), published December 3, 2018, retrieved June 24, 2019.
- benstephens56, Majora's Mask 3D 100% Speedrun in 5:26:01, YouTube (Video), published December 29, 2018, retrieved June 24, 2019.
|Masks in Majora's Mask|