|Fierce Deity Link|
Fierce Deity Link is one of the transformations Link turns into in Majora's Mask, achieved by wearing the Fierce Deity's Mask. This transforms him into a mysterious and powerful warrior resembling a Hylian. It is one of four Mask transformations in the game.
Link obtains the Fierce Deity's Mask after he trades the twenty non-transforming Masks to the four Moon Children inside the Moon Dungeons. The final Moon Child sitting by the Tree will give Link the Fierce Deity's Mask after noticing all his other Masks are gone. Wearing this Mask enables Link to transform into the Fierce Deity only during boss battles.
In Majora's Mask 3D, Link can also transform into the Fierce Deity inside the two Fishing Ponds. If he attempts to leave when in Fierce Deity form, the Fishing Hole Man will keep the young hero from doing so, wondering how he got in there in the first place.
In the Fierce Deity form, Link gains greater strength and range in his attacks as well as certain new abilities. Because the Fierce Deity wields the Fierce Deity Sword, a large, two-handed, helix-edged Sword, he cannot use a Shield, although this disadvantage is compensated for by the Sword's superior power. Link can also use the Sword to release Sword Beams while Targeting an enemy.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Majora's Mask (Himekawa)
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U
In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Fierce Deity Link appears as a Spirit with the ability, Sword Attack Up, which raises the attack power of a Fighter when they are wielding a sword. One of Link's alternate costumes is based on Fierce Deity Link.
- In Tri Force Heroes, the Fierce Deity Armor appears as an Outfit. It doubles the damage of the Sword, allows Link to shoot four Sword Beams, and reduces knockback from enemies.
- The Fierce Deity form is popularly referred to as "Oni Link" within The Legend of Zelda series community. This is based on an incomplete translation of his Japanese name that incorporates the kanji for "fierce" (Ki), which can be read alone as 鬼 (Oni).
- The Fierce Deity is the representation of the feelings of all people populating the land of Termina. This representation is reinforced by the fact that it was necessary to exchange all the masks obtained thanks to the different interactions, actions and help provided to the characters of the game in order to obtain the Fierce Deity's Mask.
The term "fierce deity," 鬼神, is used to refer to several deities in the Shingon Buddhist pantheon, such as Bishamonten or the Myō-ō, who are fierce and wrathful toward the negative forces that work against humanity's enlightenment, but are benevolent and supportive of humanity. They are seen as deities that work to defeat evil, a quality which the Fierce Deity's Mask gives Link greater ability to achieve.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Fierce Deity||Fierce Deity Link|
|EnglishUK||Fierce Deity||Fierce Deity Link|
|Japanese||鬼神 (Kishin)||鬼神リンク (Kishin Rinku)|
|French||Puissance des Fées (MM)
Dieu démon (MM3D)
|Oni Link (MM)|
Dieu démon (MM3D)
|FrenchCA||Folle Dieu||Folle Link|
|German||Grimmige Gottheit||Link als grimmige Gottheit|
Furia divina (TFH)
|Link guerriero (SSBB)|
Link divinità selvaggia
|Spanish||Fiera Deidad||Link con la Máscara de la Fiera Deidad|
- Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books) pg. 189 (MM)
- "You don't have any masks left, do you? Well, let's do something else." — Moon Child (Majora's Mask)
- "Fierce Deity's Mask - Wear it with (C). Its dark power can be used only in boss rooms." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "Hey. Hey! What's with that scary face, fella? If ya leave here lookin' like that, you'll scare away potential customers and ruin our reputation! ...Wait. Hold up. Where did ya even come from...?" — Swamp Fishing Hole Man (Majora's Mask 3D)