|Father and Daughter|
|Number||Recovered Memory #12|
|Main Quest||"Captured Memories"|
|Previous Memory||Next Memory|
|"Shelter from the Storm"||"Slumbering Power"|
The "Father and Daughter" memory is unlocked on the bridge connecting Zelda's room and her study in Hyrule Castle. While walking on the bridge with Link, Zelda observes a Guardian Stalker being tested in the courtyard below. She notes that it's incredible they can actually control the Guardians now, and she's confident that they will soon know everything they need to about them and be ready for Calamity Ganon.
The two are interrupted by the arrival of her father, King Rhoam, who asks Zelda what she's doing out here. Link kneels behind Zelda as the king walks out from Zelda's room. Zelda responds that she was assessing the results of the Guardian experiment, and that she believes they could be useful in the fight against Calamity Ganon. However, King Rhoam cuts her off, stating he already knows that. He reminds Zelda that she has a duty as the princess that has been unfulfilled.
King Rhoam asks Zelda when she's going to stop treating the Calamity as a childish game. Zelda tries to reason with him that she's doing the best she can to awaken the power to seal away Ganon, having recently visited the Spring of Courage to offer her prayers to the Goddess Hylia. But King Rhoam dismisses this, saying she's wasting her time at the castle and that she needs to dedicate every moment she has to her training. He tells her she needs to be single-minded in unlocking her sealing power. Zelda counters that she already is, but she feels there is nothing more she can do.
Zelda reveals to her father her hope that researching the Guardians can be an alternative if she can't awaken her powers. King Rhoam states he won't accept any more excuses from Zelda and that she needs to stop running away from her duty. He invokes his power as the king to forbid her from continuing with her research into Ancient Technology and commands her to focus on her training.
King Rhoam overlooks the Guardian experiment as he asks Zelda if she knows how the gossip mongers speak of her. He says they call her the heir to a throne of nothing but failure. His words clearly hurt Zelda, and she's only able to breathe a shaky sigh. King Rhoam tells Zelda that it's her destiny to prove them wrong and asks if she understands. Zelda responds that she does. The king then walks back into the castle, leaving Zelda and Link on the bridge.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Father and Daughter
Recovered Memory #12" — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- "Incredible... We're at a point now where we can actually control them." — Princess Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "At the current rate, we'll soon know all we need to know about the Guardians and the Divine Beasts! And should Ganon ever show itself again, we'll be well positioned to defend ourselves." — Princess Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "What are you doing out here, Zelda?" — King Rhoam (Breath of the Wild)
- "I... I was assessing the results of the experiment with the Guardians. These pieces of ancient technology could be quite useful against the—" — Princess Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "I know that." — King Rhoam (Breath of the Wild)
- "However, as the princess, you currently have a crucial unfulfilled responsibility to your kingdom." — King Rhoam (Breath of the Wild)
- "Let me ask you once more... When will you stop treating this as some sort of childish game?" — King Rhoam (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm doing everything I can. I'll have you know that I just recently returned from the Spring of Courage where I offered every ounce of my prayers to the Goddess—" — Princess Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "And now you are here wasting your time. You need to be dedicating every moment you have to your training." — King Rhoam (Breath of the Wild)
- "You must be single-minded in unlocking the power that will seal Calamity Ganon away." — King Rhoam (Breath of the Wild)
- "I already am. Don't you see—there's nothing more I can do!" — Princess Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "My hope is... My hope is that you— That you'll allow me to contribute here in whatever way I can." — Princess Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "No more excuses, Zelda! Stop running away from your duty." — King Rhoam (Breath of the Wild)
- "As the king, I forbid you to have anything to do with these machines from this moment on and command you to focus on your training." — King Rhoam (Breath of the Wild)
- "Do you know how the gossip mongers refer to you?" — King Rhoam (Breath of the Wild)
- "They are out there at this moment whispering amongst themselves... that you are the heir to a throne of nothing... nothing but failure." — King Rhoam (Breath of the Wild)
- "It is woven into your destiny that you prove them wrong. Do you understand?" — King Rhoam (Breath of the Wild)
- "Yes. I understand." — Princess Zelda (Breath of the Wild)