- "A spirit of lightning has taken the form of this giant dragon. Making its home in the Faron region, it's said to have served the Spring of Courage since ancient times. And old saying goes, "The dragon ascends to the heavens as the sun begins to set." but nobody has seen this in the current age. The electricity that coats its body makes it dangerous to get near, but Farosh bears no ill will toward people."
- — Hyrule Compendium
Farosh is a character from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. It is one of three spirit dragons, and appears near the Bridge of Hylia, the Floria Bridge, or throughout the Gerudo Highlands region. Every day at night or morning, Farosh will spawn from Riola Spring, fly around, and return to it. The area around Lake Floria is an appropriate place to hit it for materials. Farosh can also spawn at Lake Hylia during the morning, or around Gerudo Summit at night, although the dragon flies above the peak.
Farosh releases balls of electricity that can shock Link. The dragon is involved during the Shrine quest "The Serpent's Jaws" at the Spring of Courage, where a Farosh's Scale must be obtained. After obtaining it, Link returns to the Spring and drop the scale in its waters to reveal the hidden Shae Katha Shrine. Although wearing the Thunder Helm or a Rubber set upgraded twice will prevent Link from being affected by Farosh's lightning balls, direct contact will still cause Link to be temporarily stunned.
When hit, Farosh drops one of several items (seen below) which have many uses in cooking, armor upgrades, and money-making. Along with the other two dragons, Farosh cannot be killed and can only drop one item a day (in-game time). Though it is classified as "Monster" in the Hyrule Compendium, Farosh is actually a spirit who means no harm to Link as the balls it emits are produced by Farosh involuntarily.
- Farosh's Scale, by hitting it within an arrow on almost every part of its body. During its Shrine Quest, any area of its body will produce a scale.
- Farosh's Claw, by hitting its arms, legs, or claws.
- Shard of Farosh's Horn, by hitting its horn.
- Shard of Farosh's Fang, by hitting its mouth.