|Eyeglass Island Library|
Eyeglass Island Library in the present
The Eyeglass Island Library is a location in Oracle of Ages. It is situated on its own small island, named Eyeglass Island (hence the name of the library), which is found in the northern Zora Seas. The library is essential to the game's plot; it allows Link to cleanse the Zora Seas and enter Jabu-Jabu's Belly in order to obtain the penultimate Essence of Time, the Rolling Sea.
The Eyeglass Island Library exists in both the past and the present. Originally, the library will be abandoned, inaccessible to outsiders. In the past, the library can be opened by unlocking it using the Library Key, given to Link by King Zora in the hopes that he can research the cause of the filthy seawater which has left Jabu-Jabu ill.
It is from this library that Link learns of the Fairy Queen, the guardian of the sea. Upon meeting the Fairy Queen in the past age in a cave just west of the library, Link finds her under a curse placed on her by none other than Veran, the Sorceress of Shadows. In this state, the Queen Fairy was unable to defend the seas against Veran's curse, which is the cause of the filthy seawater. To return the Queen Fairy to her former self, Link must obtain the Fairy Powder which is locked away in the back room of the library in the past. To do so, however, Link must obtain the Book of Seals guarded by an Old Man in the back room of the library in the present. This book completes a set of books in the past. The Books of Seals help Link follow an invisible path within the back room of the library, which is otherwise nothing more than an endless pit. Once Link reaches the center of the room, an Old Man will commend Link's efforts and offer him the Fairy Powder.
In a Linked Game of Oracle of Seasons, a Ghini living in the lone house on the Western Coast will reveal to Link a secret known only by the librarians of Eyeglass Island, the secret which he says made him a Ghini (as he also worked in the library). If this mysterious secret is told to the Old Man who guarded the Fairy Powder in the back room of the library in the past, he will offer Link the Mirror Shield in exchange for his silence.
- Eyeglass Island may constitute a reference to Spectacle Rock, given its appearance and its Japanese name, メガネしましょか (Spectacle Island). A similar occurrence can be seen on Eyeglass Lake in Oracle of Seasons.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||メガネしましょか (Megane Shima Toshokan)||Eyeglass Island Library|
|FrenchEU||Bibliothèque de l'Ile du Monocle||Eyeglass Island Library|
|German||Bücherei der Brilleninsel|
|Italian||Biblioteca Isola Occhiali|
|SpanishEU||Biblioteca de la Isla Gafas|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 255
- "This is the key to Eyeglass Isle Library east of here. It is an ancient library, so I do not know if this key still works, but perhaps you can research why the seawater is so filthy. I trust you to save Jabu-Jabu." — King Zora (Oracle of Ages)
- "The Fairy Queen used to live on the island west of here, but she vanished recently... Surely the Fairy Queen could do something for these seas..." — Old Man (Oracle of Ages)
- "Please listen, young one! You may not believe this, but I am the Queen Fairy, guardian of this sea! The curse of an evil one named Veran has made me appear so!" — Queen Fairy (Oracle of Ages)
- "Veran has poisoned the sea. Soon all living things in it will perish!" — Queen Fairy (Oracle of Ages)
- "Have you heard of Fairy Powder? Fairy tales say it turned a cursed Queen back to her original shape. They say that Fairy Powder was kept in back long ago!" — Carpenter (Oracle of Ages)
- "Welcome! This is Eyeglass Isle Library. Long ago, Fairy Powder was kept in this very library. However, at some point in the past, someone took it away, and now none remains." — Human (Oracle of Ages)
- "Fairy Powder is locked away in back, but without another Book of Seals, no one can reach the powder." — Old Man (Oracle of Ages)
- "There used to be something in back for sealing things away, but now there's just one crinkled old book." — Human (Oracle of Ages)
- "This is the Book of Seals. It was once part of a set, but now only this one remains. How they were used is an eternal puzzle." — Old Man (Oracle of Ages)
- "You have done well to make it so far. I acknowledge your courage and offer you this." — Old Man (Oracle of Ages)
- "Thank you, young one! Now I can cleanse the seas of evil!" — Queen Fairy (Oracle of Ages)
- "I worked in library in Labrynna long time ago. Just because I hear secret, I become this... To set it right, I want you to hear secret. Hear my secret!" — Ghini (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Why do you know that secret? That secret is only for this library. Do not tell anyone. I offer this for your silence!" — Old Man (Oracle of Ages)
|Regions in Oracle of Ages|