Location and Uses
The Wind Waker
In The Wind Waker, Elixir Soup special soup made for Link by his Grandmother. The Soup heals both his health and Magic and also doubles his attack power until he takes damage. It is stored in bottles like a Potion and each bottle can hold two helpings.
Link can get the Soup after he cures his Grandmother, when she falls ill. Link does this by going to Fairy Fountain on Outset Island to get a Fairy that will heal her. After being healed, Link can always get a Bottle of soup from her when he runs out. Unlike when he drinks a Bottle of potion, Link smiles before he drinks the soup rather than grimacing; this is apparently because it is Link's favorite soup, which his grandma originally planned to prepare for him on his birthday.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||特製スープ (Tokusei Sūpu)||Deluxe Soup|
|FrenchEU||Soupe de Mémé||Granny's Soup|
|German||Omas Suppe||Grandma's Soup|
|Italian||Zuppa della Casa||Soup of the House|
|SpanishEU||Sopa de la abuela||Grandma's Soup|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 122 (TWW)
- "Elixer Soup
A specialty of Link's grandmother, Elixer Soup was able to restore magic and health meters. In addition, Elixer Soup doubled Link's attack power." — The Great Hyrule Encyclopedia, Zelda.com (archive), retrieved January 22, 2022.
- "This healthy soup your grandmother makes replenishes all of your life energy and magic power!" — N/A (The Wind Waker)
- "Your attack power also doubles until the first time you take damage!" — N/A (The Wind Waker)
- "And your kind old grandmother filled your bottle so full that there's two helpings inside!" — N/A (The Wind Waker)
- "Now, I'm certain that a little fairy dust would provide all the lift her spirits need, but... Well, the problem is, I haven't seen any fairies in these parts recently. Of course, long ago you could find a lot of them up by the old Fairy Fountain" — Sturgeon (The Wind Waker)
- "If you run out, I can make it for you any time you like." — Grandma (The Wind Waker)
- "Your grandma is going to make your favorite soup for you tonight!" — Grandma (The Wind Waker)