Guardian of the Eldin Province
Eldin is one of the three Dragons who protect The Surface in Skyward Sword, alongside Faron and Lanayru. As the protector of the Eldin Province, Eldin has power over fire. He teaches Link part of the "Song of the Hero".
Eldin is one of the three dragons who were gifted with the task of inheriting a part of the "Song of the Hero" by Hylia and teaching it to the chosen hero. Eldin is found by Link inside the Volcano Summit after the young hero escapes captivity from the local Bokoblins when Eldin Volcano erupts. Eldin explains that it was a burst of his power that caused the eruption. After apologizing, he teaches Link his part of the "Song of the Hero". Eldin is known to be a storyteller, which is shown when Link returns to his lair. The Fire Dragon will tell various stories to the young hero, including the history of Eldin Volcano.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
Concept art of Eldin from the Hyrule Historia
- Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 49
- "As the great protector of Eldin Province, he has power over fire." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 295
- "I'm afraid that eruption was caused by an explosion of my power. It looks like you were caught up in it. My apologies. The skies above this land should clear soon... You should go." — Eldin (Skyward Sword)
- "Yes... This mountain was not always such a dangerous and unforgiving place. There was a time when those above-ground and those below lived together in harmony by the blessing of the great mountain. The desolation that you see now is all that remains to remind us of those glorious days..." — Eldin (Skyward Sword)
- Hyrule Historia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 49 (SS)