Please helpby introducing appropriate citations.
Dynalfos are armored saurian enemies that serve as a stronger variant of Lizalfos, which they are similar in appearance to. They are, however, physically larger and more menacing than Lizalfos, boasting spikes across their bodies, and the weapons they wield range from blades to axes. They also tend to confront Link alone rather than in pairs, as their weaker counterparts do.
Ocarina of Time
Dinolfos appear in the Gerudo Training Ground and in Ganon's Castle in Ocarina of Time. In Master Quest, they can also be found in the Spirit Temple. They can be defeated by using the Shields to block their hits, and then attacking with the Swords once they let their guard down.
A Dinolfos first appears as the Mini-Boss of the Woodfall Temple, where Link must defeat it to receive the Hero's Bow. Dinolfos have an entirely new model. They wield a hand axe and are able to breathe fire, the latter trait making them dangerous foes for Deku and Zora Link.
Dynalfos appear in the Temple of Time in Twilight Princess. They can be easily defeated by counterattacking with Hidden Skills, and are susceptible to the Shield Attack and the Helm Splitter. They can also be pelted with Bomb Arrows from a distance. However, this strategy will only work before they can spot Link. The Ball and Chain can also be used to get through their shields, allowing Link to easily hack away with his Sword.
It is difficult to perform an Ending Blow on Dynalfos, as they are quick to jump back onto their feet once knocked down. However, it is still possible to execute the maneuver provided Link is fast enough.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ダイナフォス (Dainafosu) (OoT)||Dinofos|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 175 (OoT | OoT3D | MM | MM3D | TP | TPHD)
- "What?! Don't you know about the Dinofols? Use targeting methods while defending. And watch out for its fiery breath!" — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- "Master, we fail you! So sssorry!" — Dinolfos Chieftain (Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition)
- Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Shogakukan) pg. 144
- "Dinodorus" — Battlefield Info (Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition)