Dugby is a Goron child who can be found at the Goron Hot Springs in the Eldin Canyon. During the day, he can found sitting in one of its Hot Springs. When he's sitting in the Spring, Duby's mouth is underwater, which gargles his words. If Link swings his weapon around Dugby, he will be yelled at for doing something dangerous. At night, he sleeps nearby.
When Dugby is in the water, he'll tell Link about the treasure that he buried near the Bridge of Eldin, with the promise that Link can keep it if he finds it. However, because Dugby's mouth is submerged underwater when spoken to, his directions to the treasure come out as gurgles. This initiates the Side Quest Death Mountain's Secret. If visited during the night, Dugby mutters clearer directions to the treasure in his sleep.
The treasure turns out to be a Drillshaft. Although amazed that Link found the treasure, Dugby is skeptic about it and checks the Weapon to determine if it is the same Drillshaft he buried, and confirms that it is the same one. True to his word, he lets Link keep the Drillshaft as a reward for finding it.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "The treasure that young Goron Dugby hid and alluded to turned out to be...a drillshaft!
Since you found it, he's going to let you keep it." — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm challengin' my gramps again to see who can soak in the hot spring the longest!" — Dugby (Breath of the Wild)
- "Dugby" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "If goo gotz, den ged oudda gear!" — Dugby (Breath of the Wild)
- "Bobah! Bah!!" — Dugby (Breath of the Wild)
- "What are ya doin'! That's dangerous!" — Dugby (Breath of the Wild)
- "Me un Gramps are seebee who can bay in da bot bing da bombest! So, I'm binda biddy ride now!" — Dugby (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm goin' to sleep... I'll beat Gramps tomorrow... Yeah, I'm sure of it..." — Dugby (Breath of the Wild)
- "I bid a tweshure binteen gear an ba Bridge of Eldin! Iz an abazing schtick! Beely bool! If boo bind it... iz boars!" — Dugby (Breath of the Wild)
- "Bello! Goo gon't go but I'm thaying?" — Dugby (Breath of the Wild)
- "*snore* The treasure...at the top of a lava waterfall..." — Dugby (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey! Don't tell me that stick is... [...] That's the drillshaft I hid! ...Right? Actually, I need to get a better look at it. Show it me! NOW!" — Dugby (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh! I guess so. It's suspicious though! I can't help thinkin' that's the drillshaft I hid... There's no mistakin' it... There was definitely a big noise... Could this person be... Mmhmmm... So you went and found the drillshaft I hid." — Dugby (Breath of the Wild)