Location and Uses
Breath of the Wild
Hyrule Compendium Entry
Drillshafts are a type of Spear crafted by Goron artisans from recycled metal and a tip made from an old excavation bore. They can break Ore Deposits with a single strike or destroy bombable rock piles without using explosives just like an Iron Sledgehammer, Cobble Crusher, Stone Smasher, and Boulder Breaker. However, unlike these Weapons, the Drillshaft does not receive boosted damage when used against a Stone Talus, but like them does have the ability to immediately destroy a Stone Pebblit. Additionally, the Drillshaft is the only Spear-type Weapon capable of destroying metal boxes, which are exempt from damage dealt by all other Spears and single-handed Weapons.
During the Side Quest "Death Mountain's Secret", Dugby will challenge Link to find a treasure he hid near the Bridge of Eldin, but since he's speaking underwater, it's difficult to understand him. However, if Link speaks to him at night, he will murmer in his sleep that he hid it over a lava fall, which is east of the Goron Hot Springs. This treasure is a Drillshaft, but Link must destroy rubble with the Remote Bomb Rune in order to obtain it. If he brings the Drillshaft back to Dugby, he will ask to see it to make sure it's the one he hid. Once he does so, he will confirm it's the one and allow Link to keep it, completing the quest.
Drillshafts are made of metal, so they're unable to burn when exposed to Fire or a Scorching Climate. They'll also attract Lightning if they're equipped during a storm. They sink in water if they're dropped, but they can be picked up using the Magnesis Rune.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
Goron artisans used recycled metal to forge this weapon. The tip is made from an old excavation bore, which affords it unmatched piercing capabilities." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
Goron artisans used recycled metal to forge this weapon. The tip is made from an old excavation bore, which affords it unmatched piercing capabilities." — Allies (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "I bid a tweshure binteen gear an ba Bridge of Eldin! Iz an abazing schtick! Beely bool! If boo bind it... iz boars!" — Dugby (Breath of the Wild)
- "*snore* The treasure...at the top of a lava waterfall..." — Dugby (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey! Don't tell me that stick is... [...] That's the drillshaft I hid! ...Right? Actually, I need to get a better look at it. Show it me! NOW!" — Dugby (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh! I guess so. It's suspicious though! I can't help thinkin' that's the drillshaft I hid... There's no mistakin' it... There was definitely a big noise... Could this person be... Mmhmmm... So you went and found the drillshaft I hid." — Dugby (Breath of the Wild)
- "Well, it looks like I lost this battle! You can go ahead and keep that drillshaft." — Dugby (Breath of the Wild)