|Dragon Roost Pond|
Features and Overview
Dragon Roost Pond is a body of water that separates the Mail Center from Dragon Roost Cavern on Dragon Roost Island. According to Bisht, who can be found atop the balcony above the Pond, Dragon Roost Pond was once beautiful, but it quickly dried up after a Huge Rock fell down onto the source of the Pond after Valoo began rampaging atop Dragon Roost. By the time Link arrives at Dragon Roost Island, the Pond has shrank to a fraction of its size, just barely spilling out from beneath the Huge Rock. Due to the irregular currents of Wind and lack of water, the bridge spanning the Pond broke and the Bomb Flowers growing along the side of the Pond have also shriveled and sit unusable.
Upon seeing Link, Medli requests for him to meet her at the Pond after he has delivered the Father's Letter to Komali. There, she asks for his help in getting her to the top of the ledge so that she may enter Dragon Roost Cavern and make her way to Valoo to find the source of his outrage. As the atmosphere is unstable, she can only be aided by being thrown from the top of a small ramp at the bottom of the Pond while the Wind is blowing to the north. If Link conducts the "Wind's Requiem" and manually sets the direction of the Wind north, the atmosphere will stabilize, allowing him to throw Medli with ease.[note 1]
After Link successfully throws Medli to the ledge nearest Dragon Roost Cavern, she will thank him and give him an Empty Bottle in return. Before leaving to visit Valoo, she asks that Link keep her mission a secret. By filling the Empty Bottle with Water from the Pond or from the Great Sea, Link can rejuvenate the Bomb Flowers along the bank of the Pond. By placing a Bomb Flower near the Huge Rock that's blocking the Pond's water from filling its basin, Link can destroy it and refill the Pond. This allows Link to swim across and climb the remains of the bridge like a ladder to advance towards the Dragon Roost Cavern. The pathway beyond the Dragon Roost Pond features three more Bomb Flowers and two Rito statues bearing urns over a pool of Lava. Tossing Bomb Flowers into these urns causes the statues to fall forward into the Lava, creating a makeshift bridge that Link can use to enter the Cavern.
- Even after Link has filled the Dragon Roost Pond's basin with water and revived the Bomb Flowers, Basht and Bisht will continue to state that the Pond is dried up and that the Bomb Flowers remain withered.
- "I guess it's to be expected in this heat, but just take a look down there! Dragon Roost Pond is completely dried up!" — Bisht (The Wind Waker HD)
- "The pond came from this bubbling spring. It was such a beautiful little pond... Now it's so arid that even the bomb flowers have completely dried up. It's just so hot... I'm sure the chieftain and those guys are having a tough time checking things out, but it's tough for us guards, too." — Bisht (The Wind Waker HD)
- "If you want to get to Dragon Roost Cavern, I've got some bad news for you... The bridge is out. There's no way to even get inside. I'm sure you'll understand once you've seen it for yourself. As for swimming across, well... You need water for that, and the pond's all dried up... No need to panic, though! I'm sure the chieftain will think of something." — Basht (The Wind Waker HD)
- "Sorry to tell you this, but you can no longer get to Dragon Roost Cavern. Even if you were of a mind to swim across, the pond's empty. That's right, it's bone dry..." — Basht (The Wind Waker HD)
- "After you've spoken to Prince Komali, please come to the entrance of Dragon Roost Cavern. It's really important. I'll explain everything then, I promise." — Medli (The Wind Waker HD)
- "Hey, you actually came! I'm really sorry for bringing you to such a dangerous place. I had to! I wouldn't have asked if I didn't need help desperately. You see this place? There used to be a spring here, surrounded by a beautiful pond... It was peaceful and lovely... But then the great Valoo... He became so angry, and... In his rage, he shook the mountain and this boulder crashed down, plugging the spring. You can see the result. Oh, but where is my mind? Tell me, how was Prince Komali? Oh... That doesn't sound right... Not at all... I may be partially to blame for the bad turn that Prince Komali's taken... See, Prince Komali's grandmother was the great Valoo's former attendant. She was an amazing woman... I was honored to have her as my teacher... She was kind and brave, and unsurpassed in her dealings with the great Valoo. I'm not yet worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as her. If only I'd possessed some of her strength, I'm sure Prince Komali would have felt more secure." — Medli (The Wind Waker HD)
- "Link, I'm sorry to ask this...but I need your help!" — Medli (The Wind Waker HD)
- "I want to go to the small shrine that's near the peak of Dragon Roost, but that ledge over there is so high... If I could get some wind under my wings, I'm sure I could get up there. So... Will you help me?" — Medli (The Wind Waker HD)
- "[Sure] Whew... Thank you so much! OK, pick me up. Then face that ledge and toss me!" — Medli (The Wind Waker HD)
- "The atmospheric currents are really messed up, so pay close attention to the direction of the wind. All right, I'm ready! Don't hold back, now! Throw me as hard as you can!" — Medli (The Wind Waker HD)
- "I'm... I'm fiiiine! That...didn't really hurt. What was I saying? Oh, yeah! Once... Once more! With the wind! Toss away! Please!" — Medli (The Wind Waker HD)
- "My, what beautiful stars! Twinkle-twinkle... Where were we? Oh, yeah! Once...once more! With the wind! Toss away, please!" — Medli (The Wind Waker HD)
- "Huh? Whuh? Link? Since when did you become triplets? No, I'm five... I mean, file... FINE! C'mon! Don't hold back! Use the wimp...er...WIND and really toss me!" — Medli (The Wind Waker HD)
- "Oh, thank you!" — Medli (The Wind Waker HD)
- "I think now I'll be able to climb Dragon Roost and meet with the great Valoo! Don't worry, I'll be fine! I may be just an apprentice attendant, but I can understand some of the great Valoo's language. I'm not exactly bursting with confidence, but... Look, if anything happens to me... Please look after Prince Komali! This is all I have to give you. I know it's not much, but please take it!" — Medli (The Wind Waker HD)
- "Oh, and please don't tell anyone that I'm climbing Dragon Roost! It'll be our secret, OK? Well, good luck!
...To both of us." — Medli (The Wind Waker HD)