|Door of Time|
"Open Door of Temple of Time"(OoT)
Location and Uses
Ocarina of Time
The Door of Time is located within the Temple of Time in Ocarina of Time. It was constructed to guard the Master Sword and can only be opened with the three Spiritual Stones and the recital of the Song of Time with the Ocarina of Time. Upon collecting the Spiritual Stone of the Forest, the Spiritual Stone of Fire, and the Spiritual Stone of Water, Link is guided by Princess Zelda to open the Door in order to obtain the Master Sword to defeat Ganondorf.
Though the Master Sword is the final barrier to the Sacred Realm, the Door of Time acts as additional protection. After realizing her mistake and helping to seal Ganon within the Sacred Realm, Princess Zelda resolves to close the Door of Time to protect the Sacred Realm once more.
The Door of Time is located within the ruins of the Temple of Time in the Sacred Grove in Twilight Princess. It connects to the distant past to a time when the Temple of Time still stood. In this time, ancient technology such as the Dominion Rod retain their power. However, if the Dominion Rod is carried through the Door of Time, it will lose its power and rapidly age.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 26 (OoT | OoT3D), 155 (TP | TPHD)
- "The Door of Time is open!" — N/A (Hyrule Warriors)
- "That's right... The Temple of Time is the entrance through which you can enter the Sacred Realm from our world. But the entrance is sealed with a stone wall called the Door of Time. And, in order to open the door, it is said that you need to collect three Spiritual Stones. Another thing you need...is the treasure that the Royal Family keeps along with this legend..." — Princess Zelda (Ocarina of Time 3D)
"The Ocarina of Time!" — Princess Zelda (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "This song opens the Door of Time..." — Princess Zelda (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "All the tragedy that has befallen Hyrule was my doing... I was so young...I could not comprehend the consequences of trying to control the Sacred Realm. I dragged you into it too. Now it is time for me to make up for my mistakes... You must lay the Master Sword to rest and close the Door of Time..." — Princess Zelda (Ocarina of Time 3D)