The Minish Cap
Dina is a teacher at Funday School in Hyrule Town in The Minish Cap, along with her twin Tina. Throughout the game, she stands in front of the School and will not let Link through, citing the important lessons going on inside, such as Hyrulean literature and math.
After Link obtains the Water Element from the Temple of Droplets and sees the spirit of Gustaf for the first time, Funday School lets the children out for recess and the building becomes accessible.
Breath of the Wild
Dina is a young Gerudo who attends Ashai's classes in Gerudo Town in Breath of the Wild. If Link speaks to Dina in the classroom in the barracks before or during Ashai's relationship class begins, she asks Link for his opinion of her lipstick. Dina then explains that the color of lipstick is important in bringing good luck. If Link asks how the color affects luck, Dina stutters nervously and says that she is learning that next. If Link says it looks good on her, Dina exclaims that she can feel the lipstick working already. During the relationship class, Ashai asks the class what to do when a "handsome voe" approaches them on the street. Dina is the second to stand up and share her solution, saying that she would enthusiastically greet the man and approach with her hands empty. Ashai praises Dina for her optimistic approach, adding that friendliness is a great way to relax others.
If Link speaks to Dina while she is attending Ashai's cooking class at night, she complains that she is only able to cook Dubious Food. If Link asks her about Dubious Food, she explains that adding insects or monster parts to a meal causes it to become Dubious Food. Dina feels that there is nothing dubious about how inedible Dubious Food is. Dina says that the quickest way to someone's heart is through their stomach. If Link attempts to read Chef Aurie Taamu, Vol. 2 while Dina is at the class, she will notice that the book is too high up for him to read and offer to read it for him.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 271
- "This is where all the children of Hyrule learn. Link and Princess Zelda studied here, too. The two teachers are twins named Tina and Dina." — Figurine (The Minish Cap)
- "Well, if it isn’t Link! It IS good to see you again. School is in session right now, so I’m afraid I can’t let you in." — Dina (The Minish Cap)
- "We’re in the middle of a very important class right now, so you may not enter." — Dina (The Minish Cap)
- "Hello, Link. We are studying Hyrulean Literature right now. It’s a very important subject!" — Dina (The Minish Cap)
- "We’re studying math right now, but once we’re done, that’s it for the day!" — Dina (The Minish Cap)
- "Recess is almost over..." — Dina (The Minish Cap)
- "What do you think of my lipstick? I think it'll bring me good luck!" — Dina (Breath of the Wild)
- "You know that the color is especially important in bringing good luck, right?" — Dina (Breath of the Wild)
- "Umm... I-I'm planning on learning about that next..." — Dina (Breath of the Wild)
- "I know, right?! Oooh, I can feel it working already!" — Dina (Breath of the Wild)
- "Now then... You're walking down the street on your way somewhere, and a handsome voe you've never met approaches..." — Ashai (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh! I would enthusiastically greet him, approaching with a smile and with my hands clearly empty!" — Dina (Breath of the Wild)
- "Wow, Dina, that's a very optimistic approach to take!" — Ashai (Breath of the Wild)
- "Being overtly friendly is an excellent way to put the stranger's mind at ease!" — Ashai (Breath of the Wild)
- "Sav'saaba! This class is absolutely critical for me! I've tried to cook up some great meals, but I only ever make dubious food..." — Dina (Breath of the Wild)
- "When you're cooking, if you add insects or monster materials, you'll end up with dubious food." — Dina (Breath of the Wild)
- "Though if you ask me, there's nothing dubious about how absolutely inedible it is..." — Dina (Breath of the Wild)
- "The quickest way to someone's heart is through their stomach! At least, that's what the teacher says..." — Dina (Breath of the Wild)
- "That book was written by an amazing chef, Aurie Taamu. Just between us... He was the voe that our teacher was in love with once. Or so I hear... If you can't reach it, would you like me to read it for you?" — Dina (Breath of the Wild)