The Minish Cap
Dina is a teacher at Funday School in Hyrule Town in The Minish Cap, along with her twin Tina. Throughout the game, she stands in front of the School and will not let Link through, citing the important lessons going on inside, such as Hyrulean literature and math.
After Link obtains the Water Element from the Temple of Droplets and sees the spirit of Gustaf for the first time, Funday School lets the children out for recess and the building becomes accessible.
Breath of the Wild
Dina is a young Gerudo who attends Ashai's classes in Gerudo Town in Breath of the Wild. She considers all the learning she does to be a pain in a neck but asks Link not tell anyone she said so. One her way to the Cooking class, she insists that she needs to pay attention this time. She asks Link to try taking it with them.
If Link speaks to Dina in the classroom in the barracks before or during Ashai's relationship class begins, she asks Link for his opinion of her lipstick. Dina then explains that the color of lipstick is important in bringing good luck. If Link asks how the color affects luck, Dina stutters nervously and says that she is learning that next. If Link says it looks good on her, Dina exclaims that she can feel the lipstick working already.
During the relationship class, Ashai asks the class what to do when a "handsome voe" approaches them on the street. Dina is the second to stand up and share her solution, saying that she would enthusiastically greet the man and approach with her hands empty. Ashai praises Dina for her optimistic approach, adding that friendliness is a great way to relax others.
Next, Ashai asks her class what they would do if they found an injured man lying on the ground. Once again, Dina stands second, claiming she would make a medicine to treat him with. Ashai considers this a great answer, though she reminds her to check for allergies.
Ashai's final scenario for her class is what they would do if they're approached by a man whose attention they've sought. Dina states she would try to determine his social standing based on his clothing. Ashai thinks this is a good idea but reminds her that people may wear more casual clothes if their good ones are dirty.
If Link speaks to Dina while she is attending Ashai's cooking class at night, she complains that she is only able to cook Dubious Food. If Link asks her about Dubious Food, she explains that adding insects or monster parts to a meal causes it to become Dubious Food. Dina feels that there is nothing dubious about how inedible Dubious Food is. Dina says that the quickest way to someone's heart is through their stomach. If Link attempts to read Chef Aurie Taamu, Vol. 2 while Dina is at the class, she will notice that the book is too high up for him to read and offer to read it for him.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 271
- "Dina" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "This is where all the children of Hyrule learn. Link and Princess Zelda studied here, too. The two teachers are twins named Tina and Dina." — Figurine (The Minish Cap)
- "Well, if it isn’t Link! It IS good to see you again. School is in session right now, so I’m afraid I can’t let you in." — Dina (The Minish Cap)
- "We’re in the middle of a very important class right now, so you may not enter." — Dina (The Minish Cap)
- "Hello, Link. We are studying Hyrulean Literature right now. It’s a very important subject!" — Dina (The Minish Cap)
- "We’re studying math right now, but once we’re done, that’s it for the day!" — Dina (The Minish Cap)
- "Recess is almost over..." — Dina (The Minish Cap)
- "It's about time for Ms. Ashai's class to begin. To be honest...I think learning all this is a real pain in the neck. But don't tell anyone I said that!" — Dina (Breath of the Wild)
- "The cooking class is about to start. I really need to pay attention this time..." — Dina (Breath of the Wild)
- "How about you try taking it along with us?" — Dina (Breath of the Wild)
- "What do you think of my lipstick? I think it'll bring me good luck!" — Dina (Breath of the Wild)
- "You know that the color is especially important in bringing good luck, right?" — Dina (Breath of the Wild)
- "Umm... I-I'm planning on learning about that next..." — Dina (Breath of the Wild)
- "I know, right?! Oooh, I can feel it working already!" — Dina (Breath of the Wild)
- "Now then... You're walking down the street on your way somewhere, and a handsome voe you've never met approaches..." — Ashai (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh! I would enthusiastically greet him, approaching with a smile and with my hands clearly empty!" — Dina (Breath of the Wild)
- "Wow, Dina, that's a very optimistic approach to take!" — Ashai (Breath of the Wild)
- "Being overtly friendly is an excellent way to put the stranger's mind at ease!" — Ashai (Breath of the Wild)
- "In your travels, you come upon an injured voe lying on the ground. What do you do?" — Ashai (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh! I would determine what was the matter and make a medicine on the spot to treat him!" — Dina (Breath of the Wild)
- "Great answer, Dina! Just be careful that the voe doesn't have some sort of allergy to the ingredients in your medicine!" — Ashai (Breath of the Wild)
- "You are suddenly approached by a voe whose attention you've sought, and he abruptly engages you in conversation." — Ashai (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh! I would take the up-close opportunity to determine his social standing based on the clothes he's wearing!" — Dina (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ah, good thinking, Dina. Just remember that sometimes all of someone's good clothes are dirty, so they might wear something more casual." — Ashai (Breath of the Wild)
- "Sav'saaba! This class is absolutely critical for me! I've tried to cook up some great meals, but I only ever make dubious food..." — Dina (Breath of the Wild)
- "When you're cooking, if you add insects or monster materials, you'll end up with dubious food." — Dina (Breath of the Wild)
- "Though if you ask me, there's nothing dubious about how absolutely inedible it is..." — Dina (Breath of the Wild)
- "The quickest way to someone's heart is through their stomach! At least, that's what the teacher says..." — Dina (Breath of the Wild)
- "That book was written by an amazing chef, Aurie Taamu. Just between us... He was the voe that our teacher was in love with once. Or so I hear... If you can't reach it, would you like me to read it for you?" — Dina (Breath of the Wild)