|Number||Recovered Memory #16|
|Main Quest||"Captured Memories"|
|Location||Northeast of Bottomless Swamp|
|Previous Memory||Next Memory|
|"Return of Calamity Ganon"||"Zelda's Awakening"|
This Recovered Memory can be unlocked in a small stretch of woods northeast of the Bottomless Swamp. It opens up with Link running through the woods towards Hyrule Castle, holding onto Princess Zelda's wrist. It is Raining, and the two of them are covered in mud. Zelda suddenly slips, falling from Link's grasp.
Kneeling on the ground, Zelda asks how it came to this. She reveals that Calamity Ganon has turned all of the Ancient Technology, including the Divine Beasts and the Guardians against them. Because of this, the Champions have become trapped in their Divine Beasts. Zelda believes it is all her fault, since she was unable unlock her sealing power. Crying, she states that everything she has done up until now has all been for nothing, and she calls herself a failure. Zelda laments that she has failed her friends, Hyrule, and her father, leaving them all to die.
With another sob, Zelda falls into Link's arms. He holds her, and the Recovered Memory ends with the sounds of her cries.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Dutch||De wanhoop nabij|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- How Zelda cries differs between the two versions; in the Japanese version her cries consist of screaming and wailing, while in the English version, it is a quieter sobbing, albeit slightly audible.
Recovered Memory #16" — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- "How... How did it come to this?" — Princess Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Divine Beasts... The Guardians... They've all turned against us... It was... Calamity Ganon. It turned them all against us!" — Princess Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "And everyone—Mipha, Urbosa, Revali and Daruk... They're all trapped inside those things" — Princess Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's all my fault! Our only hope for defeating Ganon is lost all because I couldn't harness this cursed power!" — Princess Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "Everything—everything I've done up until now... It was all for nothing... So I really am just a failure!" — Princess Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
- "All my friends... the entire kingdom... my father most of all... I tried, and I failed them all... I've left them...all to die." — Princess Zelda (Breath of the Wild)