The Deku King and his daughter, the Deku Princess, make up the ruling monarchs, and are served faithfully by the Deku Butler and the palace guards. While he was alive, the Deku Butler's Son undoubtedly served at the palace as well. They inhabit the Deku Palace of the Southern Swamp, the southernmost region of Termina.
The Deku Royalty apparently possess absolute judiciary power in their Kingdom, as demonstrated by the Deku King's merciless punishment of the Monkey accused of kidnapping the princess. The palace guards are equally quick to obey the commands of the princess. The Deku Royal Family also appear to be the kingdom's spiritual leaders: they are the only Deku allowed inside the hidden Temple at Woodfall. According to the Deku King, only the Deku Royal Family may learn the "Sonata of Awakening" needed to reveal the Temple's entrance. This is undoubtedly why the Deku Princess had taken up learning the Deku Pipes.
- "Everyone, did you hear that? This melody, which only the Deku Royal Family knows..." — Deku King (Majora's Mask)
- "Our swamps have become poisoned...This may be the end of the Deku Kingdom!" — Deku Butler (Majora's Mask)
- "The monkey shall suffer and suffer 'til he can suffer no more! You shall know the wrath of a king whose darling princess was taken away from him!!!" — Deku King (Majora's Mask)
- "WHAT are you doing?!? Let that monkey go this instant!!" — Deku Princess (Majora's Mask)
- "Only royal family members can enter the sunken temple, so it's obvious that the monkey was using her!" — Deku Scrub (Majora's Mask)
- "The tiny princess only recently learned to play the Deku Pipes... His Royal Highness was so proud of her..." — Deku Scrub (Majora's Mask)
- "Oh! You have them! You do! Just like the princess... Deku Pipes! Those will work great!!!" — Monkey (Majora's Mask)