Location and Uses
The Deku Mask is one of four Masks used for Transformation, the other three being the Goron Mask, the Zora Mask, and the Fierce Deity's Mask. When worn, it transforms Link into a Deku Scrub. The Mask contains the spirit of the Deku Butler's Son that Link inhabits when donning the Mask, granting him new abilities. With the transformation comes the special abilities of that species; including a new fighting style, the ability to hop across water, a bubble attack that uses Magic Power, and the ability to briefly fly by using a Deku Flower.
Link is first transformed into a Deku Scrub after he follows Skull Kid into Termina, who curses him into this image. The curse is lifted and the Mask is acquired upon learning the "Song of Healing" from the Happy Mask Salesman. In order to achieve this, Link must first retrieve the Ocarina of Time that was stolen from him by the Skull Kid. The song causes the spirit of the Deku Butler's Son residing in Link to be encased within a Mask, which then falls at his feet. The Happy Mask Salesman then tells Link to keep the mask as a memento. With the mask, Link can freely transform into a Deku Scrub at will.
Cadence of Hyrule
- In January 2001, Nintendo Power held a contest where the winners of the second prize would receive a copy of Majora's Mask and one of five ceramic replicas of the Masks used in the game. These include the Deku and Zora Masks.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 121 (MM)
- "When you wear it, you will transform into the shape you just were." — Happy Mask Salesman (Majora's Mask)
- "The masks, which hold the spirits of the dead, cause the wearer to transform into a shape resembling the departed. Link uses the masks to undergo transformations, gaining powers not native to his human form. Link's transformation into a Deku Scrub is caused by the spirit of a member of the Deku tribe that died in the forest connecting Hyrule and Termina." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 112)
- "Then listen to me. Please play this song that I am about to perform, and remember it well... This is a melody that heals evil magic and troubled spirits, turning them into masks." — Happy Mask Salesman (Majora's Mask)
- "Wait! That's it! Your instrument!!! The mask salesman said that if you got back the precious thing that was stolen from you, he could return you to normal! Did you completely forget or what?" — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- "Fear not, for the magic has been sealed inside the mask. When you wear it, you will transform into the shape you just were. When you remove it, you will return to normal." — Happy Mask Salesman (Majora's Mask)
- "I give you this mask in commemoration of this day." — Happy Mask Salesman (Majora's Mask)
- "Deku-Schale: Setze sie auf Blumen ein, um zum nächsten Kartenabschnitt zu gelangen." — Tutorial (Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition)
|Masks in Majora's Mask|