The Deku Butler's Son is first seen at the beginning of the game as a dead twisted tree in the Portal between Hyrule and Termina, just before the tunnel that leads to the Clock Tower. The Deku Butler's Son died there and his soul was turned into a Mask by the Skull Kid to curse Link into having the body of a Deku Scrub. After reaching Clock Tower for the first time, it is not possible to return to see the Deku Butler's Son again under normal circumstances due the closing of the interdimensional seal between Hyrule and Termina. After leading Link to the Mask of Scents, the Deku Butler apologizes to Link for traveling so fast, stating that Link reminds him of his son, whom he used to race with through the Deku Shrine. During the New Day, the Deku Butler is seen mourning at his son's remains.
- Unlike Darmani III and Mikau, for whom Link gets mistaken while wearing the masks containing their spirits, he never gets confused for Deku Butler's son while wearing the Deku Mask, even with the Deku Butler himself.
- In the Majora's Mask manga by Akira Himekawa, the Deku Princess is said to have been in love with the Deku Butler's Son.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Enfant Mojo (MM3D)||Deku Kid|
Mojo is the Frensh translation of Deku.
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 244
- Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 112
- "Come over to this tree and check it out! It's strange, but the way you look right now sort of looks like this tree... It looks all dark and gloomy... almost like it could start crying any second now... How sad..." — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- "Actually, when I see you, I am reminded of my son who left home long ago... Somehow, I feel as if I am once again racing with my son..." — Deku Butler (Majora's Mask)
- "The princess was in love with him. How sad." (Majora's Mask manga (VIZ Media) pg. 86)