The Adventure of Link Manual Comment
The Deeler attacks Link by dropping from the threads of spiderweb-like string. It can most easily be slain by inducing it to fall by running past and then hailing it with Sword Beams, but a sword slash will work as well. This enemy will stay concealed on the ceiling until Link, (or any non-monster traveler for that matter), comes wandering by. Once the unwary prey comes beneath it, the Deeler will let webs fall on the passer-by and then drop down to finish the victim. If Link is caught in a Deeler's webs, he must break out and slash the arachnid twice to kill it.
The blue variety of Deelers is stronger, and will drop down and attack from the ground.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ディーラ (Dīra)||Same as English.|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 174
- "Deeler moves up and down by a string suspended from a tree. Blue deelers drop down to the ground to attack Link." (Adventure of Link manual, pg. 28)
- "Of course not! You, take care of him! And you, my dear, are coming with me!" — Ganon (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 4 )
- "Yum. Ah! What did I just do? I ate two red Deelers. Yucko!" — Link (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 4 )
- "A Deeler! Whoa, Storm!" (The Legend of Zelda (Valiant Comics) pg. 3 [Missing in Action])
- The Adventure of Link manual, pg. 29