Location and Uses
Breath of the Wild
Hyrule Compendium Entry
The Daybreaker is the most durable and protective variant of the Gerudo Shield, adorned with a jeweled Gerudo emblem. Before the second Great Calamity, is was beloved by the Gerudo Champion Urbosa. It was designed to be both lightweight and durable, and the gold used to make it was handpicked to ensure so.
After Urbosa's death, the Daybreaker and the Scimitar of the Seven became treasures of the Gerudo. After defeating Thunderblight Ganon and calming Divine Beast Vah Naboris, Riju will offer Link both the Daybreaker and the Scimitar of the Seven. She believes it's right he should have them, as he was friends with Urbosa. Both Items can be found in Treasure Chests behind Riju's throne in Gerudo Town.
Selmie will take note of the Daybreaker if Link has it equipped when he speaks to her. She will ask if she's dreaming, explaining she's wanted the Daybreaker so badly that she's seen it in her dreams.
Being made of metal, the Daybreaker will attract Lightning if it's equipped during a thunderstorm. It will also sink if it's dropped in water, but it can still be picked up and manipulated with the Magnesis Rune if it happens. In addition, it won't burn like wooden Shields when exposed to Fire or a Scorching Climate.
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
Daybreakers can be wielded by Urbosa in conjunction with Scimitars of the Seven, which she uses to defend herself against frontal attacks.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||七宝の盾 (Shippō no tate)|
|ChineseTR||七寶盾 (Qībǎo dùn)|
|FrenchEU||Bouclier des sept joyaux|
|Italian||Scudo dei tesori||Treasures' shield|
|Korean||칠보의 방패 (Chilboui bangpae)|
|Russian||Сияющая Эгида (Siyayushchaya Egida)|
|SpanishLA||Escudo de la ira|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
This shield was cherished by the Gerudo Champion Urbosa. The gold used to make it was handpicked to ensure a design that is both lightweight and very durable." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
- "These pieces of equipment are priceless treasures of the Gerudo people. They were once worn by Lady Urbosa." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "I want to offer you these as thanks for your help. I trust you'll accept them." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "Since you and Lady Urbosa were friends, it's only right that you have them." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Daybreaker, huh? To make it, I'll need one diamond, five pieces of flint, and a Gerudo shield." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "A Daybreaker! Am I dreaming?! I've wanted that shield so bad that I've seen it in my dreams..." — Selmie (Breath of the Wild)